Phew, it`s hot here!

Old August 9th 03, 06:14 PM
Bea Whitson

Default Phew, it`s hot here!

Pat,
I can't believe the high temperatures everyone is experiencing across the
pond lately. Over 100F in so many countries. Take care, and try and stay
cool. Hope you and DH have some extra cold packs to use on yourselves too.
Some of the cold packs sold here in the states are a bright blue in color.
I bet the puppies look cute lying on their backs with the ice packs.

Hoping for cooler weather,
Bea
"Pat Porter" wrote in message
I`ve been holding one of those injury cold/hot packs (frozen) on the dog`s
tummies today, as they`re really feeling the heat and of course a huge

vein
runs right up their tummies, close to the skin. They loved it! Rolled

over
on their backs to make it easier.

--
Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will bring troubles of its own.
Today's trouble is enough for today

Old August 9th 03, 06:46 PM
Jan Lennie

Just got back off a weeks holiday (you may have guessed by the prolific
posting !!!!) in Cornwall UK . The weather was fantastic and my son even got
some surfing and body boarding done although mum preferred to paddle with 3
year old daughter !!!!!
Jan

Old August 9th 03, 10:21 PM
Pat Porter

"Jan Lennie" wrote in message
[...]

I just counted and we have FIVE electric fans running (two ceiling ones, a
tall one, and a couple of large desk fans (on the floor so the dogs can reap
the benefit too) To REALLY cool off we go out in the car, just for the air
conditioning. This morning, when I got out of the car my specs fogged up in
the hot air outside! Couldn`t see a thing! I`m so glad we bought a fan for
our little dog/house sitting lady last week. Her little bungalow is like an
OVEN with it`s nearly flat roof, and she suffers with asthma. At least we
have all the roof space between us and the sun.

It may not be very hot compared to other places, but we`re just not used to
it! At least we`re slightly cooler for being on the coast, so heaven alone
knows what it`s like in Middle England!

Our grandson doing his first tour in Northern Ireland, is complaining of the
heat - and they`re a good 7 degrees C cooler than us!

Did you go to the Seal Sanctuary when you were in Cornwall? And/or Hale
Bird centre, with the free flying parrots?

Pat P.

Old August 10th 03, 10:12 AM
Jan Lennie

No we went to the Tamar otter sanctuary as it was very near where we where
staying and we spent a couple of days on the beach at Bude . We also visited
the Eden project and spent some time in Padstow .We didn't want to drive
around too much in the heat especially with little one although she was very
good and slept a lot (so did I truth be known !!!)
I think it would have been nice to have had longer to see more but at least
the farm we stayed at was very nice as well (good accommodation makes all
the difference) and son and daughter had the fields to play ball and fly
kites also there was another boy aged about 11 there to play with so we took
leisurely time around and didn't have to dash anywhere.
On another note , such a shame that the exhibits of Potters Museum are being
sold from the Jamaica Inn at Bodmin.
Jan

Old August 10th 03, 01:06 PM
Pat Porter

Poor you with the heart problem - hope they control it well. You have my
every sympathy - I can`t take too much heat either, and cold air gives me
chest pains - just can`t win!

I bet we`ll end up with storms - must remember to shut the roof-lights in
the loft-room if they threaten though - I have them both wide open - it
makes such a difference in the house.

I shall probably spend the night in the conservatory if we have a good
storm - I LOVE them! Meanwhile, back to the icecubes with the dogs tums!

I`ve ALWAYS wanted a Rag Doll cat - they`re gorgeous! We used to breed
Siamese - but our dogs loathe and detest cats, so I don`t think we could
cope with the initial hassle now!

Pat P.
"Brian" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:21:55 +0100, "Pat Porter"
wrote:

It may not be very hot compared to other places, but we`re just not used

it! At least we`re slightly cooler for being on the coast, so heaven

alone
knows what it`s like in Middle England!

Expected at 37c or about 100f here today Pat. Two fans and two
portable air conditioners running all the time, to keep us and the two
cats cool. The one cat is really suffering ( a Ragdoll) and keeps
flaking out everywhere.....

Spoke to my Mom who lives about 200 miles north-west, and she has been
using torch light at 8am due to such bad storms and no electricity,
and the expected temperature difference between her and me, 16c or
about 30f difference....

The good thing is the best air conditioner is in the lounge where I do
my stitching, as I can't get out much in this temperature due to a
newly diagnosed heart problem........ :-(

Brian, Horley, Surrey, UK.
www.gatwickguyz.com
**New pics added 18/04/2003**
http://www.picturetrail.com/gatwickguyz