Whisky tubes

Old August 5th 03, 06:25 PM
Pat Porter

Default Whisky tubes

Not OT as a matter of fact! I keep those tubes that whisky comes in to keep
finished and unfinished projects in, rolled up. Fred - you`re right - out of
seven tubes, only two are tins - the rest are cardboard now. Not that it
really makes any difference, but I prefer the tins. The small square whisky
gift tins around Christmas make good project boxes, too.

Pat P.

--
Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will bring troubles of its own.
Today's trouble is enough for today

Old August 6th 03, 02:24 PM
Elizabeth O'Rourke

Pat,
You've just reminded me of my mother who used to keep her knitting
needles in one! Then there was my grandmother who used a tube that had
once held one of these rubber corsets things which sounds terribly kinky
now but every respectable woman in her day wore one!
Liz
http://www.classicstitches.com
The magazine for stitchers worldwide

Old August 6th 03, 06:00 PM
Andrea

This is a good idea, Pat. I just realized that at the holidays Baileys
comes in round tins that would be great for small projects. I think I
may have one around right now, but will certainly buy a few more when
the holiday tin comes out again. Just for the tin, you understand.

Andrea

Old August 6th 03, 06:09 PM
Pat Porter

"Andrea" wrote in message
This is a good idea, Pat. I just realized that at the holidays Baileys
comes in round tins that would be great for small projects. I think I
may have one around right now, but will certainly buy a few more when
the holiday tin comes out again. Just for the tin, you understand.

Andrea

Well NATURALLY!.. D.H loves the idea as he gets more of the Single Malts
that come in these very useful tubes! Knitting needle storage was the first
thing I used them for too. As you say, they`re ideal to use for storing
small projects - so easy to stick a label on them to identify the contents,
too! I keep an eye open in Safeway, as they have the best offers on single
Malts, so DH does rather well with it!

Pat P.

Old August 9th 03, 06:40 PM
Jan Lennie

I keep my bead paraphernalia (needles , nabber small amounts of loose beads
etc) in a Jim Bean miniature tin.
Jan

Old August 9th 03, 07:23 PM
Pat Porter

"Jan Lennie" wrote in message
I keep my bead paraphernalia (needles , nabber small amounts of loose

beads
etc) in a Jim Bean miniature tin.
Jan

I have a bead caddy tin with lots of little divisions, sent to me by a kind
friend in America, for beads and charms. I save all those miniature whisy
gift set tins for project boxes for the thread bobbins for a specific
project though - I`m using a Jack Daniels one now! It`ll soon be time to
start collecting the miniatures for John for Christmas again - then I get
the tins!

Pat P

Old August 9th 03, 07:35 PM
Jan Lennie

DH is still in the RAF hence my source for things alcoholic and American or
Canadian (He was under a table drunk in Canada when DS was born !!!)
Jan

Old August 10th 03, 08:30 AM
kirby19711

I think that's a great use. I only have one for knitting needles but
use both empty beer six packs and wine cases for storing stretcher
strips. I also use the old Crown Royal bags to cover my magnifier.
What's nice is that the six packs tend to wear out and then one just
has to go get another!!

Anne