Amaco Clay Oven

Old November 5th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

Default Amaco Clay Oven

Has anyone used the Amaco Clay Oven? Does it work well? My home
electric oven has burned a light colored Fimo Yellow, and I'm wondering
if this Amaco Clay Oven can be relied on. Any advice?

Old November 5th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
nanner

wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone used the Amaco Clay Oven? Does it work well? My home
electric oven has burned a light colored Fimo Yellow, and I'm wondering
if this Amaco Clay Oven can be relied on. Any advice?

either way use an oven thermometer and pre-heat. I haven't used that oven
but if it's like the toaster ovens i've tried you can't just trust it you
have to test it and find the setting that is = to the temp you desire! the
amaco, i think only goes up to a certain temp though and it's made for the
clay so it may be a better bet. i use the Euro-pro extra-roomy toaster oven
on the "Toast" setting set to 275 but have to wait for about 15 minutes for
it to heat up (all the way up to 350) then settle down to 265-275, it stays
consisten then. Wierd right?

the amaco is at michael's where you can use the 40% off coupon

Old November 6th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I've heard the oven is pretty good, however, it does have an automatic
shut off and if you need to bake anything longer than 30 minutes, you
need to go and turn it back on, often repeatedly.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old November 6th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

Many thanks to both responders. I will use an oven thermometer and try
it out.

polymerharriett

Old November 6th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
designsontheheath

Hi, I also haven't used that oven but I also found out that I have to
preheat my toaster oven. Mine just needs to preheat for about five
minutes. I found out the hard way and slightly burned some beads and
now that I preheat, it works great.
Good luck!\

Smiles, Sue