Toddler's pattern needed, can anyone help?

Old December 9th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
pecan[_3_]

Default Toddler's pattern needed, can anyone help?

I've spent the entire day today searching for an interesting pattern for
a 2-year old boy, and haven't found anything that "speaks to me". Does
anyone have a pattern for me - preferably something with a cable - aran
- or at least something just plain interesting. I'm an advanced
knitter, btw. And I have two weeks to do something for Christmas.

Catherine
Old December 10th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

Why aren't you just designing whatever you want?

Old December 10th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

pecan wrote:
I've spent the entire day today searching for an interesting pattern for
a 2-year old boy, and haven't found anything that "speaks to me". Does
anyone have a pattern for me - preferably something with a cable - aran
- or at least something just plain interesting. I'm an advanced
knitter, btw. And I have two weeks to do something for Christmas.

You might get some ideas at knittingpatterncentral.com or
dailyknitter.com but yes, look at stitch patterns and the raglan pattern
generator at knittingfool.com and see what you can come up with.

sue
Old December 10th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
pecan[_3_]

Mary wrote:
Why aren't you just designing whatever you want?

Good question. Because I don't have the confidence and I've never done
it before.

Catherine
Old December 10th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
pecan[_3_]

suzee wrote:
pecan wrote:
I've spent the entire day today searching for an interesting pattern
for a 2-year old boy, and haven't found anything that "speaks to me".
Does anyone have a pattern for me - preferably something with a cable
- aran - or at least something just plain interesting. I'm an
advanced knitter, btw. And I have two weeks to do something for
Christmas.

You might get some ideas at knittingpatterncentral.com or
dailyknitter.com but yes, look at stitch patterns and the raglan pattern
generator at knittingfool.com and see what you can come up with.

sue

Thanks, I found one at knittingpatterncentral.
One of the problems with designing my own is that I don't have access to
the child, but interesting site, at knittingfool!

Catherine
Old December 12th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

Trellis immediately comes to mind:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTtrellis.html

This one doesn't have a cable but would be a faster knit and can be made
with whatever colorwork pattern you prefer:
http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knit...thru_aka_.html
I've made one and loved the pattern so much I'll absolutely be making more
in the future!

Good luck!

LauraJ

Old December 12th 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
pecan[_3_]

LauraJ wrote:
Trellis immediately comes to mind:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTtrellis.html

Gosh, I do like that one.
I've already started on a jersey, but if I finish it really quickly,
maybe I'll try my hand at that one too!

Thanks.

Pattern needed Boca Jan Quilting 3 November 12th 06 08:57 PM
Pattern needed & thanks Joanne Passmore Quilting 18 September 30th 05 05:22 AM
Pattern needed Joanne Passmore Quilting 0 September 30th 05 05:04 AM
Pattern needed Joanne Passmore Quilting 3 September 29th 05 12:48 AM
pattern needed LC aka Fiddy Beads 3 August 10th 04 01:08 PM