What a waste of wool potential

Old September 9th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JJMolvik

Default What a waste of wool potential

Have to look at this with black humor:

http://tinyurl.com/zrb4v

What a waste (waist?)

JJMolvik

Old September 9th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Threnody

JJMolvik wrote:
Have to look at this with black humor:

http://tinyurl.com/zrb4v

What a waste (waist?)

*LOL* The picture is interesting, but your caption makes it hilarious.
Thanks for the laugh this morning!

--
Threnody

http://aff-the-fang.blogspot.com
http://totallyhooked.blogspot.com
Old September 9th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mariann

"Threnody" wrote in message
. net...
JJMolvik wrote:
Have to look at this with black humor:

http://tinyurl.com/zrb4v

What a waste (waist?)

*LOL* The picture is interesting, but your caption makes it hilarious.
Thanks for the laugh this morning!

How can you possibly laugh at that ? The poor sheep must have suffered so
much ....No fun at all ...

Old September 9th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 17:59:22 +0100, "Mariann"
spewed forth :

How can you possibly laugh at that ? The poor sheep must have suffered so
much ....No fun at all ...

It's...a sheep. I feel more for the herder whose sheep it was: loss
of wool, loss of meat on the hoof - loss of two or three meats on the
hoof since the ewe was pregnant.

PETA = people eating tasty animals

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old September 9th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mariann

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 17:59:22 +0100, "Mariann"
spewed forth :

How can you possibly laugh at that ? The poor sheep must have suffered
so
much ....No fun at all ...

It's...a sheep. I feel more for the herder whose sheep it was: loss
of wool, loss of meat on the hoof - loss of two or three meats on the
hoof since the ewe was pregnant.

PETA = people eating tasty animals

What a wonderful person you must be with such sentiments ...NOT

Old September 9th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:26:48 +0100, "Mariann"
spewed forth :

What a wonderful person you must be with such sentiments ...NOT

I grew up in farm country. Livestock is livestock is livestock. Not
every creature on this earth is a warmfuzzypetpetlappylappy item and
more of us would benefit from remembering that, methinks. My attitude
toward LIVESTOCK has not much to do with my general personality. It
behooves (get it? behooves? harhar!) a farmer to treat his livestock
well because it represents material wealth.

Most of the rest of the world views Americans as a bit tetched in the
head because of the general "awww, isn't it cute, we musn't eat that!"
attitude toward animals that seems to have cropped up since the move
away from farm life to Life in the Big City. Hell, if Americans spent
half of what we spend on our pets to solve the hunger problem in this
country everybody would go to bed with a full belly every night and we
wouldn't need government-subsidized breakfast and lunch programs in
public schools.

I know where my food comes from and I have no problem with it. I'll
wring it's neck myself if it happens to be a fowl (foul fowl, come
hither!) but I do need help with larger items like ... sheep ...
cattle ... hogs...

Damn, now I want to find somebody to sell me a weanling calf so I can
have some dry-aged beef that isn't terribly tough or grassy.

+++++++++++++

Old September 9th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mariann

"Wooly" wrote in message
[...]

I also grew up on a farm and everyone I know always treated all the animals
with love and respect ...I can't for the life of me imagine anyone thinking
a snake eating a pregnant sheep as entertaining ...You sound to me like a
"right ******" if you pardon the expression and surely not representative of
good old USA ....

Old September 9th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 21:04:18 +0100, "Mariann"
spewed forth :
..

I also grew up on a farm and everyone I know always treated all the animals
with love and respect ...I can't for the life of me imagine anyone thinking
a snake eating a pregnant sheep as entertaining ...You sound to me like a
"right ******" if you pardon the expression and surely not representative of
good old USA ....

Nah, I'd be a "cast iron bitch" thanks. Everything has to eat. The
snake got a meal, the herder lost two or three of his livestock. Ya
wins some, ya loses some, and yet the world hasn't stopped turning
because some of us are morbidly amused by a photo of something that
happened half a world away.

+++++++++++++

Old September 9th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mariann

.

I also grew up on a farm and everyone I know always treated all the
animals
with love and respect ...I can't for the life of me imagine anyone
thinking
a snake eating a pregnant sheep as entertaining ...You sound to me like a
"right ******" if you pardon the expression and surely not representative
of
good old USA ....

Nah, I'd be a "cast iron bitch" thanks. Everything has to eat. The
snake got a meal, the herder lost two or three of his livestock. Ya
wins some, ya loses some, and yet the world hasn't stopped turning
because some of us are morbidly amused by a photo of something that
happened half a world away.

+++++++++++++

Some of us manage to live without eating anybody tho ....

Old September 9th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:26:48 +0100, Mariann spun a fine yarn

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 17:59:22 +0100, "Mariann"
spewed forth :

How can you possibly laugh at that ? The poor sheep must have suffered
so
much ....No fun at all ...

It's...a sheep. I feel more for the herder whose sheep it was: loss
of wool, loss of meat on the hoof - loss of two or three meats on the
hoof since the ewe was pregnant.

PETA = people eating tasty animals

What a wonderful person you must be with such sentiments ...NOT

Our Wooly *IS* a wonderful person.....
While I didn't find the photo entertaining, I DID find JJ's caption
(here) wildly funny.
I assume you're an acrylic maeven rather than a yarn-snob?
Noreen
who also spent a LOT of time on the farm.

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0636-3, 09/08/2006
Tested: 9/9/2006 4:30:52 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

acrlic yarn Dixie Sugar Yarn 10 August 15th 06 12:20 PM
Wool applique Susan Laity Price Quilting 23 November 13th 05 05:53 PM
The ultimate yarn snob compairs the performance of wool and synthetics for downhill skiing (long) Yarn 18 January 19th 05 05:53 PM
Washing wool sweaters GSHEPDOG Yarn 3 October 23rd 04 06:10 AM
A question about using wool? bit OT Sarah Grace Yarn 13 September 29th 03 10:00 AM