newbie coming onboard

Old September 7th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default newbie coming onboard

Looks like they have it, alright! I've emailed to see if they will ship to
the U.S. I also don't know how the conversion works out. The cost is $25
AUS.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Try this link, and a little more info about the yarn would be helpful.
What is the fiber, and the weight?
http://www.dormani-yarns.com/yarns_other.htm
DA

Old September 7th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:25:34 GMT, Karen, Queen of Squishies spun a
fine yarn

Wow, age 4 huh! I'm impressed! Thanks for the warm welcome, and yes, I can
see that this is quite a diversified group alright!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Four is debatable, my mother is now 79 and prone to selective memory,
LOL!
I say age six for sure, lol.
I've been spinning about 4 years now, took up tatting about 9 years
ago, and bobbinlace about 7 or 8.
Here's a crochet query for you: do you hold your hook like a pencil
or a knife?
(as in butterknife)
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0636-2, 09/07/2006
Tested: 9/7/2006 11:48:39 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old September 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Like a pencil. I'm from the old school. LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old September 7th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:55:06 -0500, Karen, Queen of Squishies RisingStars
KarenTucker.com spun a fine yarn:

Like a pencil. I'm from the old school. LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Me, too!
Noreen

--
http://yarnwright.com/books
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0636-2, 09/07/2006
Tested: 9/7/2006 3:09:06 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old September 7th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I love Project Linus! I found that not enough babies were being born for me
to make baby afghans for, so I usually have one in the works for the Linus
kids.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Welcome aboard, Karen. I'm another who crocheted and knitted as a tot
because my Mother had a yarn shop. Now in retirement, I spend most of
my time doing afghans and hats for Project Linus.
(www.projectlinus.org)
Joan in Connecticut

Old September 7th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jedi Knitter

the Aussie dollar costs about 75cents US (check the daily exchange rates for
the exact figure) so it will cost you about $20.00 US for the wool -regards
Alison (Aussie)

Old September 8th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Thanks, Alison! I'm still waiting to hear from them whether they will ship
to the U.S. or not.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old September 8th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Hi, I'm new here, and as you can see, I go by the screen name of Karen,
Queen of Squishies. First let me explain that odd title, and then I have a
question I really need your help with.

Queen of Squishies - a squishy is an envelope containing fabric or yarn and
it squishes when you squeeze it. These are sent to friends who share your
hobby, for birthday, Christmas, new baby, cheer up, get well soon, or no
reason at all! I dubbed myself the queen of this realm because I have sent
out so many of them in my ng history. I have been a member of a quilting ng
for about 8 years or so now.

I have been an avid crocheter since the age of 12, and no, we're not going
into how long ago THAT was! LOL! I have taken up quilting in recent years,
but have never lost my love of crocheting. Last week I got the urge again,
and started a crib blanket using a lovely Denys Brunton yard called
Magicolour. I only have one spool of it, 340g. I really love this yarn and
want to make the baby a sweater trimmed in it, to match the little afghan.
I have searched and searched online and have come up with less than nothing
by way of a place to buy more of this!

There must be SOME place in this wide world for me to buy more Denys Brunton
Magicolour yarn! Help, help, help?? I didn't buy this one, it was given to
me, so I have no idea where to find it.

TIA,
Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----

Hi Queen Karen

I've been lurking for quite a while at rctq, so I recognize you
Welcome to rcty!

As for the yarn, I haven't seen it, but my LYS will order just about
anything; have you checked with one near you?

Michelle

Old September 8th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

Hi, Karen,
I recognize you from when I lurk over on RCTQ.
Try ebay, item #290027100379, or #290027100391, or #290027100357,
#150029181431.
Sometimes various yarns show up on ebay under Crafts\Knitting\Machines, or
Crafts\Knitting\Yarns.

Good luck, and happy knitting.
--
Carey in MA

Old September 8th 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I hope you feel GOOD now Shirley
mirjam
y Shone wrote:

It actually is made or was made here in the UK and is a knitting
machine yarn. I think it is no longer available.
I do have a cone or two of it but it was made in several different
colour ways. There are odd cones of it offered on UK ebay.

I gave a lot of it away last year when I packed my knitting machine up.
Never been able to use it since my heart bypass.
Shirley

In message zuULg.175350$1i1.36930@attbi_s72, "Karen, Queen of
Squishies" writes
[...]

Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Our Jeanne is coming, our Jeanne is coming! Jalynne Quilting 3 June 16th 05 03:46 PM
my wholecloth is coming my Quilts of Provence is coming bdiane Quilting 2 February 10th 05 07:49 PM
Ophelia coming home blueyonder Yarn 11 July 8th 04 07:34 PM
OT Bubba Claus is coming to town! The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me Quilting 3 December 1st 03 02:53 PM
Coming to Seattle Dr. Quilter Quilting 1 July 14th 03 11:41 PM