Mike's back from Ireland with new beads!

Old September 22nd 05, 07:56 PM
Su

Default Mike's back from Ireland with new beads!

These are his 'practice beads' from the course with Michael Barley.
There's a photo of the beads at the weblog:

http://tillermanbeads.blogspot.com/

Next week he's locked in the SH*D. I have to say that the beads he
brought home are superb but he says 'they're just practice, wait till I
get a chance to make more!'

And the flamingo, isn't that a hoot?

-Su

Old September 22nd 05, 08:35 PM
Peggy

The flamingo is amazing! I cannot even think about how much control it must
take to make that. Can't wait to see Mike's newest beads emerge from the
SH*D.

Old September 22nd 05, 09:20 PM
Su

Peggy, it's all in the wrist, Mike says!

I can't tell how it's done because it may be a trade secret and if I
reveal the methods Mike might just be buried in a mayonnaise jar behind
the SH*D door till the Great Carsoni resurrects him!

I can't wait to see his newest beads either, the ones he brought back
are so neat I can't stand it!

-Su

Old September 22nd 05, 09:55 PM
starlia

The flamingo is a type of sticker with enamels I think. It's gorgeous!

Old September 23rd 05, 12:44 AM
Kalera

That is AWESOME!

Michael is a fantastic teacher, and I can't wait to see what Mike does
with all that information!

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old September 27th 05, 10:35 PM
Peggy

LOL! You two are great. Thanks, Su, for ever-so-gently pointing out my
mistake. And thank you to, Starlia, for the additional info.

Let's just hope everyone stays clear of the mayo jar. Could get messy.

:-)

Old September 28th 05, 08:45 AM
Su

Peggy, you didn't make a mistake! You admired his beads and that's
always fine. I wanted to preserve the mystique as long as possible
about the flamingo .... ;-D

We're looking for more decals to play with but they're hard to find in
small sizes, I'm desperate for some that are even more odd than
flamingos and penguins.

Today will be Mike's first day of intensive beadmaking, he's been
playing around with pulling stringer and making beads for practice so
hopefully tomorrow we'll have his first auctions up. I'm really
looking forward to what comes out of the kiln tomorrow as he seems so
much more confident and inspired now.

The mayo jar has been cancelled! We're up to the pickle bucket now.

-Su

http://www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
http://www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old September 28th 05, 03:06 PM
Su

Sadly, Fran, they only have scientific decals! I was interested in
their alphabet ones though..... although it means buying a lot of
sheets to spell out various words. :-D

Old September 28th 05, 07:37 PM
Dr. Sooz

These are his 'practice beads' from the course with Michael Barley. There's a photo of the beads at the weblog:
http://tillermanbeads.blogspot.com/
HOLYYYYYY.............~KLUNK!!~