paper cloth ?

Old August 1st 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default paper cloth ?

Got my new Fiberarts ,and there is an advertisement for a book about
paper cloth , called `Stitch alchemy ' anyone can tell me about
that ???
mirjam
Old August 1st 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

mirjam wrote:
Got my new Fiberarts ,and there is an advertisement for a book about
paper cloth , called `Stitch alchemy ' anyone can tell me about
that ???
mirjam

Google is your friend, Mirjam.
http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-Alchemy-Combining-Fabric-Paper/dp/1596681136
" Product Description
Mixing the versatility of paper with the dimensional qualities of cloth,
this inventive handbook to crafting with “paper-cloth” provides
mixed-media artists with the knowledge to easily transform their works
into collaged quilts using embellishment techniques, such as painting,
stitching, needlefelting, and beading. Though the technique is
inexpensive and requires less space, equipment, and skill than dyeing
fabrics for quilt making, readers will learn step-by-step how the use of
paper-cloth—from making the paper-cloth itself; adding color and
interest to the foundation with inks, stains, paints, and glazes;
texturizing; implementing printmaking techniques; and more—can allow
layers of complexity and textural appeal. Common projects include art
quilts, art dolls, jewelry, and artist books. Perfect for artists
interested in altered art, found and recycled art, needle felting, and
nontraditional elements, this original resource is the first to cross
the paper and cloth mediums.
About the Author
Kelli Perkins is a librarian and a mixed-media artist. Her work has been
featured in Cloth Paper Scissors, and she has taught at the
International Quilt Festival. She lives in Holland, Michigan."
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old August 2nd 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-Alchemy...bric-Paper/dp/
159668...
[...]

Thank you Bruce i read the above advertisement , i wanted to know if
somebody already saw/used papercloth ?
mirjam

paper cloth ? mirjam Needlework 5 August 3rd 09 11:31 AM
use up your cloth leftover pieces and make Cloth Bags [email protected] Needlework 21 January 5th 08 06:30 AM
Paper for machine paper pieccing in uk Sally Swindells Quilting 9 September 27th 06 05:14 PM
ISO paper pieced paper doll patterns [email protected] Quilting 12 October 21st 04 08:29 PM
AD: New Handmade paper, Mulberry Paper & Rebecca Sowers Spot Rubberstamps 0 April 18th 04 02:56 PM