needle plates

Old June 1st 05, 09:44 AM

Default needle plates

There is message on another list about needle plates, & I wonder if
anyone has had the same trouble with fabric going down the slot.. and
did buying a single hole plate for embroidery solve the problem ?

Old June 1st 05, 10:07 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article .com, of
http://groups.google.com uttered
There is message on another list about needle plates, & I wonder if
anyone has had the same trouble with fabric going down the slot.. and
did buying a single hole plate for embroidery solve the problem ?

IME it won't - you need to hoop the fabric and/or use a stabiliser,
depending what you're doing, and what you're doing it on.
--
AJH
no email address supplied
Old June 1st 05, 10:15 PM
Ron Anderson

A single hole for embroidery would not work as most use a zig zag stitch. As
the other poster suggests proper hoop fitting and perhaps stabilizer is the
answer.

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine
oups.com...

Old June 2nd 05, 02:29 AM
Kathy Morgan

There is message on another list about needle plates, & I wonder if
anyone has had the same trouble with fabric going down the slot.. and
did buying a single hole plate for embroidery solve the problem ?

I haven't tried doing embroidery, but for normal sewing the single hole
needle plate helps tremendously in preventing the fabric going down the
hole.

--
Kathy - help for new users at http://www.aptalaska.net/~kmorgan/
Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval at http://www.gnksa.org/
Old June 2nd 05, 11:24 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Kathy Morgan of
http://newsguy.com uttered

I haven't tried doing embroidery, but for normal sewing the single hole
needle plate helps tremendously in preventing the fabric going down the
hole.

Until, as mentioned by others, you need to use other than a straight
stitch. If, on a basic straight-stitch seam, it keeps happening, I'd be
looking at tensions, stitch length etc, because there's something adrift
with what you're doing
--
AJH
no email address supplied
Old June 3rd 05, 10:49 AM

Hi !! To all who answered.. Many Thanks. I was using a hoop, I was
using stabiliser ( 2 layers of iron on ! and one on top of solvy..! on
a tee shirt , using a Husqvarna Designer 1 which had just been
serviced.. If the hoop does the moving and the needle remains
stationary, it should be OK on an embroidery machine.. or does anyone
know different ?

Old June 3rd 05, 10:52 AM

On basic sewing it is fine.. it just occurs sometines =BD way through a
complex embroidery design.. very annoying, as it happens os fast and
then makes a hole in the fabric

question about sewing with denim and faux furs. [email protected] Needlework 3 January 11th 05 08:37 PM
Punch Needle Embroidery lula Needlework 48 October 6th 04 03:33 PM
Singer Monogrammer for slant needle Tom Farrell Sewing 15 September 7th 04 12:07 AM
faulty needle? FtForger Sewing 4 May 31st 04 10:45 AM
Double needle problems georg Quilting 11 March 4th 04 01:26 PM