turning tubes

Old June 8th 05, 03:03 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Liz Cork
of BT Openworld uttered

a quick google found this
http://www.bredons.co.uk/acatalog/On...aneous_47.html

*How* much??????????????

What were nancy's notions charging again what about clothilde's? Will
they ship?
--
AJH
no email address supplied
Old June 8th 05, 03:14 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Liz Cork
of BT Openworld uttered

"She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild"
wrote in message
In article , Kate
Dicey of Customer of PlusNet plc (http://www.plus.net) uttered

Neat! I must look out for them over here...

If we both look, one of us might find them - they certainly look a bit
useful
--
AJH
no email address supplied

a quick google found this
http://www.bredons.co.uk/acatalog/On...aneous_47.html
Liz

USD 27 plus shipping vs £44

27 dollars is under 15 quid ... shipping couldn't *possibly* come to
thick end of 30 bucks ...

do you see what I see, Kate, me old china?
--
AJH
no email address supplied
Old June 8th 05, 05:28 PM
Kate Dicey

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:

In article , Kate
Dicey of Customer of PlusNet plc (http://www.plus.net) uttered

Neat! I must look out for them over here...

If we both look, one of us might find them - they certainly look a bit
useful

I'm off to the sewing machine/quilting shop on Saturday: I have a need
for a new light bulb for Lily. If I see them I shall get me some!
Do you want some too? I can post them on to you.

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old June 8th 05, 05:39 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote in message

In article , Kate
Dicey of Customer of PlusNet plc (http://www.plus.net) uttered

Neat! I must look out for them over here...

If we both look, one of us might find them - they certainly look a bit
useful
--
AJH
no email address supplied

a quick google found this
http://www.bredons.co.uk/acatalog/On...aneous_47.html
Liz

USD 27 plus shipping vs £44

27 dollars is under 15 quid ... shipping couldn't *possibly* come to
thick end of 30 bucks ...

do you see what I see, Kate, me old china?

I see a scam! I'm sure they were in one of my local shops for a lot
less, but I didn't need them and forgot about them... Hang on... Nah,
several places I thought might have them don't. I'll ring round, but if
we cannot get them at a better price than that, it would be worth
ordering from Nancy. I've had stuff from Nancy's before, and they seem
to be quite efficient at the ordering stuff.

Old June 8th 05, 06:18 PM
Gayla Goerge

wrote in message

[...]

I really wasn't giving Nancy's Notions website as the place to purchase,
although that is where I purchased mine. I just thought you might like to
see what they look like and cost. I have ordered many items from Nancy's
website and everything has arrived in great condition and on time. Of
course, if I could have found it elsewhere and paid less and no shipping I
certainly would have.

Gayla

Old June 8th 05, 06:21 PM
Doreen

Kate Dicey wrote:

I see a scam! I'm sure they were in one of my local shops for a lot
less, but I didn't need them and forgot about them... Hang on... Nah,
several places I thought might have them don't. I'll ring round, but if
we cannot get them at a better price than that, it would be worth
ordering from Nancy. I've had stuff from Nancy's before, and they seem
to be quite efficient at the ordering stuff.

Or there is a set on eBay just now, and it says "International
Buy-It-Now only pays the $8.00 shipping rate!". However, the Buy-It-Now
price disappeared when someone bid the starting price of $5.75.

The auction runs until 6/13, so if you don't find a set close by, you
might want to look at

http://tinyurl.com/czq84

I'm betting that Fasturn is available in one of your shops, though.

Doreen in Alabama

Old June 8th 05, 06:29 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article t, Doreen
of EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net uttered

I'm betting that Fasturn is available in one of your shops, though.

I wouldn't bank on it round here :S Sammy Taylor's have chucked out all
their decent sewing stuff in favour of blooming rubber stamps and stuff
for making naff greetings cards.
--
AJH
no email address supplied
Old June 8th 05, 06:42 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Gayla Goerge of
University of Virginia uttered

I really wasn't giving Nancy's Notions website as the place to
purchase, although that is where I purchased mine. I just thought you
might like to see what they look like and cost. I have ordered many
items from Nancy's website and everything has arrived in great
condition and on time. Of course, if I could have found it elsewhere
and paid less and no shipping I certainly would have.

Nononono Gayla - our quibble was that NN charge $26 (£15) plus shipping
for an item which we just found for £44 in the UK - 3 times as much! NN
are cheap by comparison!

--
AJH
no email address supplied
Old June 8th 05, 07:41 PM
Sarah Dale

Kate Dicey wrote:
Gayla Gorge wrote:

I tried all the pins, strings, chopsticks and knitting needles none
are as
fast or as easy as the Fasturn® Kit from
http://www.nancysnotions.com. It's

Neat! I must look out for them over here...

There is a "Tube Turner" on Jaycotts website under notions - but only a
single size version, and may not be quite what you were looking for.

Sarah

Old June 8th 05, 09:12 PM
Doreen

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:

In article t, Doreen
of EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net uttered

I'm betting that Fasturn is available in one of your shops, though.

I wouldn't bank on it round here :S Sammy Taylor's have chucked out all
their decent sewing stuff in favour of blooming rubber stamps and stuff
for making naff greetings cards.

ACK! Well, stamping and scrapbooking seem to be the latest addictions
here, too. I suppose shops feel they have to take advantage of whatever
is popular at a given time (stodgy old sewists like us will always be
around, right?).

Stamping and scrapbooking seem to be rather expensive hobbies, to me...I
wonder what the markup is on supplies.

Doreen in Alabama

need source for glass tubes Boner the Cat Glass 21 June 25th 12 07:09 PM
PLAN FOR DUPLICATE TURNING WOOD caro Carving 1 October 16th 04 01:45 AM
ISO 2-strand curved silver tubes Kimbo Beads 8 March 15th 04 06:31 PM
Glass tubes skdilts1 Glass 11 October 22nd 03 09:08 AM
Whisky tubes Pat Porter Needlework 7 August 10th 03 08:30 AM