PHOTO OF THE WEEK, The Coat

Old June 16th 05, 04:01 PM

Dear Jack,

Your coat turned out great. I wandered around on your website last
night for over an hour. You and your wife have made a wonderful life
for yourselves, and your interests are varied and terrific. I can't
wait to see where you go next.

Teri

Old June 17th 05, 05:15 AM

you *made* your own buttons?

The whole coat looks amazing! How good for you!

Isn't the army blanket inside itchy though?

Angela, also in Chicagoland

First of all thanks all for the kind words. Too many to answer all but
I couldn't resist this.

If you take a look at the photo for other things I made:

I caught the fish.
I made the walking stick from the same white ash as the buttons,
The ring on my finger, I hand forged from silver and cut the stone from
a rough emerald.
The mantlepiece and sides of the fire place I made from oak.
The candle holders I made from cherry.
The candles from recycled wax.
The candle followers from brass.

Guess that about does it.

The army blanket does not itch because it is an interlining, i.e. it is
between the flannel lining and outer fabric.

Thanks again one and all,

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Old June 17th 05, 04:23 PM
mamahays

Jack,

The coat looks wonderful. Ok. The first thing that impressed me was that
you wove your fabric for the coat, it looks gorgeous and sumptuous. I was
then impressed when I saw the hand worked buttonholes. Not an easy feat,
and you did very well. Then I almost fell out of my chair when I read,
further down, that you made your buttons.

So then I read your follow up post. Well....I can't post here the word that
came out of my mouth, but let me assure you it was an exclamation of true
amazement and awe stretched into about 4 syllables (instead of the normal
one syllable alloted to that word.)

Truly amazed. Wonderful work all the way around. You should be very proud
of your work.

Sharon

--
---
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the

Old June 18th 05, 04:52 PM
Claire Owen

Just one word WOW!! great opps I think thats two

Claire in Montréal, France.
http://claireowenperso.free.fr

a écrit dans le message de news:
After months of spinning, weaving, sewing and learning, my "Pea Coat"
is ready for winter.

Thanks to all for help rendered.

js

--