recent change in T-Shirt style

Old June 8th 05, 12:31 AM
bachelor

Default recent change in T-Shirt style

I hope someone here can help me. I don't know squat about textiles,
but I've noticed in the last few years the major t-shirt manufacturers
have started making the shirt lengths a few inches longer (so they fall
below the waist). I talked to a Hanes rep who described this as their
"roomier fit" and said everyone makes them this way now. The problem
is they now look silly unless they are tucked in, which I hate. I
suppose this change is to accomodate the expanding belly of the
american male, but my god doesn't anyone make t-shirts that just go to
the waist anymore? Anyone?

Old June 8th 05, 01:48 AM
Juno

Don't know but, learn to shorten it to where you want it fall. We'll walk
you through. If you don't have a sewing machine you can cut it down and use
stitch witchery to iron up your hem.
Juno
ups.com...

Old June 8th 05, 04:29 AM
CySew

That's what I do to most t-shirts now. I try each of them on first[one
shirt can be shorter or longer by almost an inch even if they are the same
size from the same manufacturer] decide where it looks best, add 1 inch for
the hem and go from there.
Emily

Old June 12th 05, 05:10 PM
Joy Hardie

I have a friend who has alot of work just taking up hems in t-shirts
for wealthy clients who like their shirts at a specific length.
Now, the one change the manufacturers have done that I DO like is
removing the scratchy label and printing it in instead.
Joy