what is Magic Loop

Old January 26th 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spinninglilac

Default what is Magic Loop

I use a Loopa weave thingy, although why its associated with the word weave
is beyond me as you don't weave with it. just do a figure 8 and end up with
a long looped scarf.

So what is the ''magic loop''

many thnx Cher

Old January 26th 07, 09:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Jan 26, 10:00 pm, "spinninglilac" wrote:
So what is the ''magic loop''

"Magic Loop" refers to a method of knitting small circular items (like
socks) on a single long circular needle.
See: http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/mloop.html for deails.

VP

Old January 26th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:00:45 GMT, "spinninglilac"
wrote:

I use a Loopa weave thingy, although why its associated with the word weave
is beyond me as you don't weave with it. just do a figure 8 and end up with
a long looped scarf.

So what is the ''magic loop''

many thnx Cher

It's a PITA, Cher

Stick with DPNs, or two circs!
Old January 26th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Vintage Purls wrote:
On Jan 26, 10:00 pm, "spinninglilac" wrote:
So what is the ''magic loop''

"Magic Loop" refers to a method of knitting small circular items (like
socks) on a single long circular needle.
See: http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/mloop.html for deails.

Years before I ever hear of Magic Loop, I `unvented' something similar
where I only pull out the cord on one side. It allows me to use a
shorter needle than Magic loop.

sue
Old January 27th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spinninglilac

Thnx to all who replied, and now I know...think I'll stick to me ole dpns
lol

Still interesting all the same a term I'd not heard of over here...

higz cher

Magic Loop or 2 needles YarnWright Yarn 46 January 27th 07 02:26 AM
New way to tie the Zeppelin loop Tore Lund Knots 5 January 3rd 07 06:53 PM
Magic Christmas Stocking to make She in PA Quilting 11 December 13th 05 08:06 AM
Stretch Magic Warning Candace Beads 14 June 12th 04 05:00 PM
To loop or not to loop?? Jenn Ridley Needlework 1 August 16th 03 01:55 AM