Well I did it :o)

Old January 23rd 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Purplenova

Default Well I did it :o)

Finished my first pair of hand knit socks ) Made them in a very loud
variegated cheap yarn. Now They fit better than any other socks I've ever
worn and I am probably going to have to now replace all the socks in my
socks in my sock drawer with 'real' socks *g*

--
Jules

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old January 23rd 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Purplenova wrote:

Finished my first pair of hand knit socks ) Made them in a very
loud variegated cheap yarn. Now They fit better than any other socks
I've ever worn and I am probably going to have to now replace all the
socks in my socks in my sock drawer with 'real' socks g

Well done Aud. Just don't throw out all your other socks until you have
made enough of your "best fit" ones - with all that snow your little
pink toes would turn blue. :-)

Any chance of a picture? Please?

Old January 23rd 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:21:32 -0000, "Purplenova"
wrote:

Finished my first pair of hand knit socks ) Made them in a very loud
variegated cheap yarn. Now They fit better than any other socks I've ever
worn and I am probably going to have to now replace all the socks in my
socks in my sock drawer with 'real' socks *g*

But eventually you'll get tired of socks, so don't throw away all your
cheapie commercial socks just yet.

I found a box of commercial wool/nylon boot sox that I brought with me
when I moved from the Great White North. Last week during the cold
snap they sure came in handy - I wore them over my handknits as
slippers, cut down a pair and ran a quick machine seam on the toes of
another pair for my son to wear as slippers.
Old January 23rd 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Purplenova

Will take a picture tomorrow, my digital camera may be good but the light is
awful and everything ends up orange in photos this time of night.

Old January 23rd 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Purplenova

To tell the truth I only own 3 or 4 pairs of socks anyway ;o) So won't take
to long to replace them.

Old January 23rd 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

Congratulations! But, your digital camera doesn't have a flash? And an
indoor light setting?

Georgia

Old January 23rd 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Bernadette" skrev i melding
Purplenova wrote:

Finished my first pair of hand knit socks ) Made them in a very
loud variegated cheap yarn. Now They fit better than any other socks
I've ever worn and I am probably going to have to now replace all the
socks in my socks in my sock drawer with 'real' socks g

Well done Aud. Just don't throw out all your other socks until you
have
made enough of your "best fit" ones - with all that snow your little
pink toes would turn blue. :-)

Any chance of a picture? Please?

It was not me this time, Bernadette, but I know we BOTH congratulate
Purplenova with the result, and as look forward to see them! ;-)
AUD ;-)

Old January 23rd 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Aud wrote:

"Bernadette" skrev i melding
Purplenova wrote:

Finished my first pair of hand knit socks ) Made them in a very
loud variegated cheap yarn. Now They fit better than any other
socks I've ever worn and I am probably going to have to now
replace all the socks in my socks in my sock drawer with 'real'
socks g

Well done Aud. Just don't throw out all your other socks until you
have made enough of your "best fit" ones - with all that snow your
little pink toes would turn blue. :-)

Any chance of a picture? Please?

It was not me this time, Bernadette, but I know we BOTH congratulate
Purplenova with the result, and as look forward to see them! ;-) AUD
;-)

Sorry about that Aud, I don't know what I was thinking. Indeed, I do
congratulate Purplenova as making the first of anything is very special.

I am more like Mary Fisher as I too don't like having hot feet. If I
need socks I only ever wear light weight cotton and it has been known
for me to hang the washing out in the middle of winter wearing just my
"toe post" sandals in the snow.
Old January 23rd 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Bernadette" skrev i melding
Aud wrote:

You impress me, Bernadette! I have always cold feet!
But I have a friend, she tells she loves to go barefooted in the snow!
AUD ;-)