Robbing Peter

Old May 5th 05, 01:16 AM
frood

Default Robbing Peter

The new QNN (which I'm loving, BTW - can't wait for more) had a segment
where Jodi Davis shows paper piecing curves. It was a block called Robbing
Peter to Pay Paul, and she said it was available for downloading on the
Friends in the Bee web site. Well, it was an old episode or something,
because the links on the web site didn't work for me.

Anybody have a good link? Or can send me the pattern? I'd love to try this!

--
Wendy
"This makes the kind of sense that's not." - Oz

Old May 5th 05, 02:17 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

The new QNN (which I'm loving, BTW - can't wait for more) had a segment
where Jodi Davis shows paper piecing curves. It was a block called Robbing
Peter to Pay Paul, and she said it was available for downloading on the
Friends in the Bee web site. Well, it was an old episode or something,
because the links on the web site didn't work for me.

Anybody have a good link? Or can send me the pattern? I'd love to try this!

I'm getting frustrated. I'd been watching QNN from time to time over the
past few days (though bad luck seemed to follow me in that I only saw
the same things over again, rather than some I hadn't yet seen), but now
I can't get anything. The little box says my computer meets all the
requirements, but then I get a little dialog box superimposed that says
that the playlist format is not recognized, whatever that means. Ack!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old May 5th 05, 05:43 AM
niasha

http://www.jodieandcompany.com

http://www.jodieandcompany.com/books_and_patterns.htm

http://www.jodieandcompany.com/patterns.htm
--
Niasha
"What doesn't kill you, defines you."

m...

Old May 5th 05, 06:20 AM
marbles_2

I can't get it to work on my computer today either. Hope they didn't
fiddle with it ... I hate it when techie people think they need to
upgrade their stuff and make us poor computer users have to get new
software and computers and whatnot.

I'm also curious how often they would change their programing. I can
probably quote some of the episodes!!!

Old May 5th 05, 07:10 AM
dreamboat

You can get that pattern off the website but it is not free.
You have to pay $8.00 to get it. The drunkard's path
is free. There is sure a lot of repeats on the QNN.
I think it is a kay wood network.
dreamboat
m...

Old May 5th 05, 11:35 AM
Sharon Harper

http://www.quilterscache.com/P_R/Rob...PaulBlock.html

Good ol' Quilters Cache! NAYY but a durn good site.

quicker)

m...

Old May 5th 05, 12:37 PM
Jessamy

want it even easier?

cut a circle 1/2 an inch larger than the square size you want
press the seam allowence in
put a square of batting on
put a square on
fold curved edges down and sew into place (by machine or hand)
whip stitch the squares together from the back
when you sew the last square on the quilt is finished

want a variation?

sew two strips together and cut the circles from that
depending on how you turn the circle you will get a different look on the
back of the quilt

--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
http://www.quilterscache.com/P_R/Rob...PaulBlock.html

Good ol' Quilters Cache! NAYY but a durn good site.

quicker)

m...

Old May 5th 05, 12:39 PM
frood

Various methods of "quilt as you go" involving whip-stitching do not seem
easier to me! Or even faster, but then, different strokes for different
folks! G

--
Wendy

"Jessamy" wrote in message
[...]