Another one of those ,,,,

Old January 26th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Another one of those ,,,,

yesterday i was in a shop , buying somrthing for my daughter, when a
woman [ i know ] came in asking for a woolen hat, i asked her why she
doesn`t knit one , and the shop owner Giggled ;"you want to say there
is anyone still out there knitting ?" ,,, the funny thing was that i
wore my knitted Deux Piece , a skirt +Sweater ,,,, Well i told him
that the world is Full with knitters ,, ps the woman said she knitted
Years ago ,, he than asked , if there are still 'any wool shops` i
named him several new ones ,,,,
mirjam
Old January 26th 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
yesterday i was in a shop , buying somrthing for my daughter, when a
woman [ i know ] came in asking for a woolen hat, i asked her why she
doesn`t knit one , and the shop owner Giggled ;"you want to say there
is anyone still out there knitting ?" ,,, the funny thing was that i
wore my knitted Deux Piece , a skirt +Sweater ,,,, Well i told him
that the world is Full with knitters ,, ps the woman said she knitted
Years ago ,, he than asked , if there are still 'any wool shops` i
named him several new ones ,,,,

Sometimes I think that "those" people would say that even if they
knew perfectly well that the world is full of knitters. After all,
they are trying to sell commercially knitted products, so they have
an interest in pretending nobody makes their own sweaters and hats.

=Tamar

Old January 26th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

I don't knit a lot at the moment since I am working on quilts for
grand-nieces and grand-nephews. However, before I retired I was
fortunate to have a job where nice sweaters and dressy slacks were the
usual office clothes for the women, and made all of my sweaters! I
used very good yarn and did my own designing, making an even mix of
stitch-pattern sweaters and color-pattern sweaters. I was able to make
much nicer sweaters than I could afford to purchase (if I could have
found them). We had hour-long lunch periods, and several of us would
bring a sandwich to eat and then sit around and work on knitting,
crochet, needlework, etc. and chat. Left-over bits and bobs of wools I
made up into hats, scarves, and mittens for needy children, and
left-over acrylics I made into sweaters for the little ones. I had a
lot of fun designing with the left-overs! Patterns I particularly
liked I wrote down and kept, and those I didn't enjoy a lot --- well,
they were OK, but at least the project was small and finished before I
was ready to tear out my hair! I learned a lot, had a lot of fun, kept
some needy children clothed and warm, and made some wonderful clothes
for myself. Hard to top that!

On Jan 26, 2:47 am, (Richard Eney) wrote:
In article ,

Old January 27th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
yesterday i was in a shop , buying somrthing for my daughter, when a
woman [ i know ] came in asking for a woolen hat, i asked her why she
doesn`t knit one , and the shop owner Giggled ;"you want to say there
is anyone still out there knitting ?" ,,, the funny thing was that i
wore my knitted Deux Piece , a skirt +Sweater ,,,, Well i told him
that the world is Full with knitters ,, ps the woman said she knitted
Years ago ,, he than asked , if there are still 'any wool shops` i
named him several new ones ,,,,
mirjam

Well handled Mirjam!

Dennis
Old January 27th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Mary , just my point , i enjoy knitting etc,,,
i do it a lot in places where i have to stay [ bus , train , waiting
at some places, and while watching Tv etc] where other people just
sit and stare,,,,,, i rather make myself or others something,
mirjam

Old January 27th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Dennis , i am slowly getting tired of thes remarks , i don`t
tell every smoker what i think of his Hobby , i just as well could say
;"What after all we know about it , there are still some smokers ? "
mirjam

mirjam

Well handled Mirjam!

Dennis