knitting with both hands

Old January 22nd 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default knitting with both hands

when i knit withj several colors i do use both hands andf thus also
bith knitting systems ,,
mirjam
Old January 22nd 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
when i knit withj several colors i do use both hands andf thus also
bith knitting systems ,,
mirjam

I have tried this but found my tension was pretty different - I
enrolled in a class
at the retreat next week that features two- handed color work to see if
I can get some help in doing
this evenly and improving my skill as it would certainly make things go
more
quickly. Probably the main need is for practice with attention to
tension.

Judy

Old January 22nd 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

I just drop the extra colors and pick up the new colors as they are
used, and don't have any issue at all with tension. The knitting also
goes very quickly for me. With multi-color knitting I keep the
various colors in their own mixing bowls on the floor spread around my
chair. So long as I am careful to turn the knitting properly the yarns
don't snarl at all. The only problem I have with the mixing-bowl
method is that the mixing bowl with the ecru or navy or whatever is
almost always exactly the very one I happen to need in the kitchen,
which means trading bowls, washing and drying the one I need in the
kitchen, etc. Also, the dog seems to resent having various mixing
bowls on "her" part of the floor by my chair! I can't imagine what
would happen if a cat lived at my house . . .

Old January 22nd 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Mary wrote:
I can't imagine what would happen if a cat lived at my house . . .

I can and it wouldn't be pretty.

VP

Old January 23rd 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

About Cat living with me /us , we all have our stories ,, when my dog
still lived , We adjusted to each other. We picked him up from a
animal shelter he was about 2 years and mobody knew much about his
former life. It took him time to adjust to ours, and than he quickly
found my workroom and my loom, and one of the first days he sort of
streched my loom, i sat down with him , stroked him and told him not
to do it. He never did it again. Of course i put a specail rug for him
near my loom. One day he was a bit playful, but i didn`t think it was
unusual , in fact i played a lot with him [ His Vet said i am
restoring the dog`s lost childhood] , When we went out he pooped out a
piece of string with a piece of nylon , to my schock i understood , he
swallowed [ after playing with it ] a little bag with threads and it
came out dirty but as was,,, we took him to his vet, who scolded me
for not taking care , we had a long talk with the dog , and he never
did it again.. But i must tell another cute thing every morning at
08.30 , he would go up to my work room and bark at me, that it is time
to start working . He laoved the Sun and would MOOVE the carpet in my
workroom or son`s room with the mooving Sun spot ,
Now that we are owned by a cat , he loves to sit on my lap , and if my
knitting disturbs him, he just shoves it away ,,, of course knitted
items , wool bags , wool baskets are all his DOMAIN to sleep in curl
up in etc,,,
--------------
As to putting wools in jars / bowls etc ,, it doesn`t work for me ,
sorry ,, if i work near the loom one on top one under , but i knit in
other places , thus the bowls aren` t practical for me ,

mirjam

Old January 24th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:ry
when i knit withj several colors i do use both hands andf thus also
bith knitting systems ,,
mirjam

I try to keep to 3 or less as Wooly stated.

I have used up to 5 but I am not fast then.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

The ongoing story of knitting sheaths for Aaron and Noreen Els van Dam Yarn 15 April 25th 06 06:45 PM
Help with old english knitting directions Rach *in NZ* Yarn 55 April 17th 06 05:23 AM
YOur help needed please Norma Yarn 13 March 10th 06 10:19 PM
great knitting magazines Els van Dam Yarn 5 April 26th 05 01:00 AM
My Book Report for Cactus Needles Knitting Guild!!! Slick Hippy chick Yarn 2 November 21st 03 09:23 PM