Am looking for suggestions

Old April 12th 04, 07:39 PM
Deb Drake

Default Am looking for suggestions

I paint miniature paintings and plant pots (dollhouse sized) and am
looking for suggestions as to how I might go about selling them. Have
done ebay and started doing shows (unfortunately not that many shows
locally) and would be interested in doing wholesale for a shop or
something simular - but how to I get in touch with the right people?

Thanks,
Deb
Old April 12th 04, 08:35 PM
Dawn

Deb Drake wrote:

I paint miniature paintings and plant pots (dollhouse sized) and am
looking for suggestions as to how I might go about selling them. Have
done ebay and started doing shows (unfortunately not that many shows
locally) and would be interested in doing wholesale for a shop or
something simular - but how to I get in touch with the right people?

I can think of three options: 1.) keep doing shows and hope that someone
notices you, and use the shows as a chance to talk to store owners. 2.)
Mail professionally printed and photographed advertising brochures to
shops across the country and hope they bite. 3.) Write a self-serving
article on your items and how you make them (and mention that you want
to go wholesale) and send it with photos to one of the US dollhouse
hobby magazines and hope they print it.

Dawn

Old April 12th 04, 10:25 PM
Carol

"Deb Drake" wrote in message
I paint miniature paintings and plant pots (dollhouse sized) and am
looking for suggestions as to how I might go about selling them. Have
done ebay and started doing shows (unfortunately not that many shows
locally) and would be interested in doing wholesale for a shop or
something simular - but how to I get in touch with the right people?

Thanks,
Deb

1. Contact online dealers such as myself and ask if they're interested.
Don't email pics unless asked. You can feel free to contact me. I receive
a lot of queries from artisans.

2. Join CIMTA - Cottage Industries Miniature Trade Associaion (or something
like that). www.cimta.org This is the organization for handcrafters. They
have 2 trade shows a year, one in Vegas in January, the other in Crystal
City, VA which is right outside of Washington in July. I attend the one in
Washington as a buyer. You don't have to sell at the shows, you can get a
list of "supporting members". The supporting members are the retailers who
do the buying and you can get their contact information from the list. You
also get listed and when retailers such as myself are looking for new
suppliers, I check the CIMTA list. I think you need some trade references
in order to join.

3. Aztec trade show. A fairly new show held in Hudson, Ohio run by Aztec
Imports. Aztec is a distributor of mostly made in China minis but invites
handcrafters to participate in the show and retailers to come and buy. I
went last year and it was very nice. I plan to go back mainly for the lamb
chops at a restaurant in town. We must keep our priorities straight.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old April 22nd 04, 01:18 PM
VpspecialtiesCS

You might also put an ad online in a local newspaper. You can sponsor a page on
some, for 20.00 for a 30 day ad!

Also...I am a wholesaler distributor, (I sell to salesmen/women, gift basket
retailers,gift shops, grocers, convenience stores and sub-wholesalers....I
offer some miniatures and dollhouse furniture, etc....as well as many other
items. How many of these do you have available? How fast can you produce more
and on what scale?
For example ___qty in ___ amount of time

Do you have any pics?
What about pricing?

Visit our website at a href="http://www.vpspecialties.com" VPSPECIALTIES.COM
/a

And if you are interested in exploring an opportunity with us, drop me an email
at

Sincerely,

Valerie Chesnut- Owner
V.P. Specialties