Cord for lampwork beads

Old January 14th 05, 02:07 PM
Diana Curtis

Wow.. you must really be under that cold. I sure hope it clears up for you
fast! I cant imagine you beadless. It goes against all the rules of nature!
Seriously, get well soon. Huge healing Hugs!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Heh heh heh - if I had any, I might just do that!!!
I soooo beadless right now.
It's shameful.
My hands *itch* to make beads. But the nose and throat - well, they

aren't
going to cooperate for a couple more days, I think.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Id know you really meant it if you sent me something.. oh.. like a

bead...
one of yours. Ahhh.. youre not *that* sick? ooooh k....
Diana, shameless

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
LOL - don't feel bad!! I'm sicker than hell, but I still can laugh

at
myself.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Its lying.
The way I figure about grammar is that if the person reading can
understand
what you are trying to say youve done well. I just cant resist puns
sometimes. Now I feel so badly, having picked on an ill person.
To lay is to set something upon. I lay the silverware on the table.
Lie
involves reposing. Now we see the silverware lie on the table where I

lay
it. Grammar lesson done.. red pencil put far away. Im going to lay

myself
down on a bed and lie there till Im over the urge to pick on others
grammar.
;-)
Hugs, and I hope you are feeling much better soon.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
ROFL - ooooookay - I am so not getting this! And that's totally

fine!
I'm so hazy from being sick this week, that thinking straight is an

issue
for me too. Hehehehe

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Hey, Kandice.. usually I let sleeping dogs lie.. but this time.. I

have
to..
and Im so sorry to correct your grammar in public, its just the

mental
image
of a braided pleather not laying right is so funny to me right

now.
Im seeing it either producing eggs badly or flunking out of hooker
school.
Put up with me a while longer, Im almost out of pain meds (toothy

came
out..
healing nicely).
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
No - the pleather I got is unbraided - it's just one strand.

Braided
would
be pretty, but I am not sure it would lay right.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Thanks, Kandice,

I checked out beadaholic. Thanks for the suggestion. I see an
imitation
leather woven cotton cord in FMG. Is that the same thing?
(Their
catalogue
is a useful reference).

Thanks for the cord size vs mandrel size too.

Tina

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
I've been using 1-2mm black pleather cord. It doesn't crack,

is
finished
nicely, and drapes really well. Beads made with 1/16"

mandrels
fit
really
well on the 1mm cord. The larger holed beads fit well on the
2mm
cord.
I got my pleather cord on ebay - from javabead, I think, or
beadaholique.
Both are great sellers.
You can get the cord end crimps from beadaholique - sterling

silver
works
best.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I have some focals I'd like to feature simply on a cord.

With
little
silver and maybe a couple accents.

What is a good cord to use?

For myself I'd probably just want to put it on a soft

leather
or
suede
cord,
and just knot it in the back. Even make it up as the mood
strikes
me.
Some
of the more nicely finished leather cords crack with use.
I've
also
seen
nicely finished rubber cord. Satin cord snags too easily,

and
worry
about
the scratchiness of ribbon.

And then there's color.

I think of leather in blacks and browns. Lighter colors of
leather
get
darkened by oil, and even a little dirt -- especially suede.

Red
still
seems like leather, or else a cut. What do you all think of
purple
leather
or turquoise or green? Does it feel like a wrong color for
leather?

As I said, I've seen very nicely finished rubber cords. And
it
seems
come in a lot of colors. But while the black rubber sounds
"nice",
the
colors seem kind of "plastic".

I love to hear thoughts on this.

Tina

Old January 15th 05, 04:41 AM
Kandice Seeber

LOL - yeah, it's more like a bronchial infection now. Couple more days, I
think.
Thanks, sweetie.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 15th 05, 05:33 PM
Kalera Stratton

Kandice Seeber wrote:
LOL - yeah, it's more like a bronchial infection now. Couple more days, I
think.
Thanks, sweetie.

I can't believe you're sick again! Feel better soon, sweetie.

-Kalera
Old January 15th 05, 06:18 PM
Kandice Seeber

Yeah. I worked so hard right before and right after the holidays, and I
wasn't really taking good care of myself, so I wasn't immune when the guys
at Ken's work passed around the flu. Serves me right! LOL It's getting
better now. Not 100%, but for the first time all week, I have slept two
nights in a row.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 16th 05, 12:44 AM
Kalera Stratton

Kandice Seeber wrote:
Yeah. I worked so hard right before and right after the holidays, and I
wasn't really taking good care of myself, so I wasn't immune when the guys
at Ken's work passed around the flu. Serves me right! LOL It's getting
better now. Not 100%, but for the first time all week, I have slept two
nights in a row.

Ugh! I'm in a similar position, but not as bad, just another respiratory
bug. And I'm worried to death about the icy, rickety deck stairs at my
rental house; I have had one builder after another flake on replacing
those stairs over the last two months, and I'm terrified that one of the
girls who lives there will get hurt on them, so I haven't been able to
sleep.

It's my own fault; I contacted all these people during the summer who
wavered over doing it during prime building season because it's such a
small job, so I told them "OK, I'll call you when the weather cools down
and you're not so busy". Unfortunately, "not so busy" seems not to have
hlped any of them make my stair problem a priority; I should have pushed
harder in the summer so at least I would have several months of warm
weather in which to hound someone into doing it. I still can't believe
that out of three different contractors, all three have flaked on me,
and I'm too busy and too sick to do it myself.

-Kalera
Old January 16th 05, 08:56 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, that sounds scary. I can't blame you for losing sleep.
Kick those contractors into gear!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs