That White Silk Quilt........

Old September 7th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Default That White Silk Quilt........

Well, I *finally* got to a point in life where I could get back to
working on the shades of white silk quilt I am making for my DNiece. I
started on it way back in early January and then got side tracked by a
wedding and a baby and the SMDGD's b-day and..... and....... and.....!
Anyway, I have five different prints & shades of white silk that I
am using for Stack & Slash blocks. I am placing these around a large
piece of white silk obi fabric that is heavily embroidered with silver
and white fibers. I got the first five blocks put together and decided
I needed to go to plan "B". I had originally planned on surrounding the
center obi panel with 14 of the silk S&S blocks. Problem is, I am using
different weights of silk and working with some of the more delicate
fabrics and the diagonal cuts required for this block was a real
P.I.T.A. So now I am using just ten of the S&S blocks (which I finished
making yesterday) and the four corner blocks are made of two other obi
fabrics that are silver metallic & white silk. This has made life much
easier.
At least, that's what I thought until I started putting the silver
piping around the center obi fabric!!! I'm demented and certainly was
NOT in my right mind when I thought THIS one up -- LOL! Anyway, I got
the piping on the top and bottom of the center panel and have the blocks
sewn on. There will be piping along the long sides too and added to the
top and bottom seams so that it forms a large #. Fortunately, I have
the Pearls & Piping foot so that makes attaching the piping easier.
This thing is going to look more like a delinquent crazy quilt by
the time I am finished :-). I want to get it finished before the end of
the month so that I can send it to my DN for her anniversary. Keeping
my fingers & toes crossed for that -- LOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old September 7th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Yes, demented and not in your right mind, that about covers it. I had quite
forgotten about your white silk creation and am so glad to see that there is
still hope for it. It is going to be magnificently beautiful and I can't
wait to see and hear all about its Grand Entrance. Polly

Old September 7th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Sounds just gorgeous, and it would have been much kinder of you to post a
few photos of the WIP! (But it would be unreasonable to expect too much from
demented people.)
Roberta in D

Old September 7th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Roberta Zollner wrote:
Sounds just gorgeous, and it would have been much kinder of you to post a
few photos of the WIP! (But it would be unreasonable to expect too much from
demented people.)
Roberta in D

OOOO -- I hadn't thought about WIP photos but it's a nice idea even for
someone as demented as I certainly am -- LOL. I really want all of you
to be able to see that center panel. After posting, I reread what I had
written and realized that it's NOT from an obi but from an uchikake
which is far more heavily embroidered than any obi fabric would be.
I'll have to make time today to get a few pics and put them up at
Webshots. I'll post and let you all know if I get that done :-). The
four corner blocks are made from obi fabric which has the design woven
into the fabric, not surface embroidery. CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old September 7th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

PLEASE uncross your fingers. That would make quilting/sewing easier. Let me
cross my toes for you instead since I just finished the tablerunner and
placemats last night.

Butterfly
..

Old September 7th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Tia Mary wrote:

[...]

My goodness, Mary -- that sounds absolutely breath-takingly gorgeous! I
hope we can see pictures of this gem very soon -- finished or un.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 8th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Sandy wrote:
My goodness, Mary -- that sounds absolutely breath-takingly gorgeous! I
hope we can see pictures of this gem very soon -- finished or un.

The fabrics ARE lovely to say the least. I h ave finally managed to
get a response from Webshots about rotating and cropping photos. I have
to jump through about 40 hoops but you can now see the WIP photos
without most of the background clutter. There's also a pic of Reno
Black Cat helping with the WHITE SILK quilt -- of course -- LOL!
CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old September 8th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 23:32:48 -0500, Tia Mary wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed as well.

Maureen

Old September 8th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Tia Mary wrote:

Sandy wrote:
My goodness, Mary -- that sounds absolutely breath-takingly gorgeous! I
hope we can see pictures of this gem very soon -- finished or un.

The fabrics ARE lovely to say the least. I h ave finally managed to
get a response from Webshots about rotating and cropping photos. I have
to jump through about 40 hoops but you can now see the WIP photos
without most of the background clutter. There's also a pic of Reno
Black Cat helping with the WHITE SILK quilt -- of course -- LOL!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

And the link is ...?

Old September 8th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon

On Sep 7, 1:32 am, Tia Mary wrote:
[...]

That is going to be one gorgeous quilt. Does your niece live in a
bubble? :-)) I'd be scared to death to use it in case it got dirty.
What a lucky girl she's going to be!

Sharon (N.B.)

Silk Quilt -- need input Tia Mary Quilting 14 January 30th 07 09:57 PM
Blue and white wedding quilt finished (almost) Susan Laity Price Quilting 3 November 4th 06 06:21 PM
White quilt? LH Quilting 16 March 23rd 06 08:42 PM
{{{Quilt}}} White Lies -- LOL Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 14 April 28th 04 10:58 PM
I finally got the silk quilt picture posted but, I messed up. WHOLEYLADY Quilting 4 July 17th 03 03:55 AM