Dazel fabric....what is it?

Old February 15th 04, 12:55 PM
Kitty Fluff

Default Dazel fabric....what is it?

Hi! Seller on eBay has dazel fabric listed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=28 159 Does anyone know anything about this kind of fabric? Synthetic? Washable? Good for dessess, jackets, lining or what? Seller does not always answer emails. Sure would appreciate feedback. Thanks.

BeckyInSeattle :

-
Kitty Fluf

Posted via MooTal
http://mootalk.com
Old February 15th 04, 03:37 PM
mamahays

"Kitty Fluff" wrote in message
. com...
Hi! Seller on eBay has dazel fabric listed:

Does anyone know anything about this kind of fabric? Synthetic? Washable?
Good for dessess, jackets, lining or what? Seller does not always answer
emails. Sure would appreciate feedback. Thanks.

BeckyInSeattle

It could be slinky. Which is a poly that comes in several different weights
and can be sheer or opaque. It could be a liquid lame, also poly and very
light weight. It could also be several other things. I'm going to guess
it's a poly of some sort.

I will also offer up an opinion. If the seller doesn't answer emails, I'd
not bid on it. Also, there isn't a whole lot of information up there to
begin with. Not even the fiber content.

You might look on www.fabric.com and see if you can find something there
that would be close to this in looks. They also have a flat rate shipping
special right now (till 2-18) of $4.95 anywhere in the States any size box.
NAYY. One of the things I love about fabric.com is they tell you everything
you need to know about the fabric. Fiber content, what it feels like, what
it's a good weight for, etc.

HTH
Sharon
--
---
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the

Old February 15th 04, 08:34 PM
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply

mamahays wrote:

I will also offer up an opinion. If the seller doesn't answer emails, I'd
not bid on it. Also, there isn't a whole lot of information up there to
begin with. Not even the fiber content.

I will wholeheartedly second that motion and offer an additional one --
if they *go overboard* with warnings about non-payers, the necessity of
needing to purchase your own insurance if you want to make sure your
item arrives without damage, think twice before bidding.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
Old February 15th 04, 09:47 PM
Pogonip

mamahays wrote:

I will also offer up an opinion. If the seller doesn't answer emails, I'd
not bid on it. Also, there isn't a whole lot of information up there to
begin with. Not even the fiber content.

They've gotten 50 negative feedback in the past 12 months.
Granted, they do volume, but 50 is a significant number.
My experience is that someone who doesn't answer email
before I bid, is likely to be unresponsive if I win, so I
skip them. Some PowerSellers are overextended, too.

--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old February 15th 04, 10:42 PM
Kay Lancaster

From what I can see it's probably "Dazzle", a heavy polyester tricot meant
for things like pro basketball uniforms. See, for instance:
http://www.fabricline.com/specialities.html
Old February 16th 04, 05:55 PM
Kitty Fluff

Hello folks

Thank you for all your help. Your opinions are quite VALID and I usuall
would AGREE 100%. I have won and received two batches of fabric fro
this seller

Yes....it HAS been a struggle with my first PAID order with NO respons
to emails and NO shipment. Had to get quite TOUGH. I have experience i
government, retail collections, etc etc. and know how to get my poin
across if I need to. That's what I did with this seller. She shipped an
I was pleased with the fabric and the prices were FANTASTIC. She is SLO
and often UNRESPONSIVE, but, I do get the product in
SortaSomeKindaTimeFrame...so these EFFORTS make it worth it

Soooooooo I'll probably continue doing business with thi
seller.....unless she BooBoos big time with me or blocks my bids.
suspect she doesn't like BIG orders that require more work

BeckyInSeattl

-
Kitty Fluf

Posted via MooTal
http://mootalk.com

quilt shops in NY Terbear Quilting 8 April 6th 04 08:41 PM
Squishie Fabric Quality Mika Quilting 21 April 3rd 04 04:18 PM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Super Fabric Bargains, July Pat in Virginia Quilting 8 August 27th 03 03:14 AM