How to incorporate wire into seams of sheer curtains

Old February 13th 04, 12:27 AM
diana

Default How to incorporate wire into seams of sheer curtains

I am making sheer curtains out of chiffon and want to add copper wire
into the seams to make it like a ribbon that I can manipulate. As is,
with the fabric doubled, the wire shows through the fabric and the
ends are too rough and will cut through the fabric. How can I better
hide the wire and what should I do with the ends so they don't harm
the fabric? Thanks
Old February 13th 04, 01:14 AM
Maine-iac Rose

How about putting the wire into some bias tape, color real close to your
sheer curtains, and maybe put some tape on the ends of the wire before
hiding into the tape. Maybe somebody else will have some idea's also.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns, and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

Old February 13th 04, 03:11 PM
Charlotte

You've gotten a lot of good suggestions, and I've gotten an idea for how
to incorporate an antenna for my radio into my living room decor! It's
just a wire, meant to be splayed out over the greatest possible area, to
better pick up radio stations. I'll run it through the edge of the curtains!

Thanks!
-Charlotte

Old February 13th 04, 08:38 PM
Pogonip

Charlotte wrote:
You've gotten a lot of good suggestions, and I've gotten an idea for how
to incorporate an antenna for my radio into my living room decor! It's
just a wire, meant to be splayed out over the greatest possible area, to
better pick up radio stations. I'll run it through the edge of the
curtains!

Thanks!
-Charlotte

My house, built in 1927, does not have very many
electrical outlets, but we do have an antenna connection
on the living room wall, with a matching one on the dining
room wall on the other side -- same wall. I don't know if
the antenna is still up in the attic or not, since we have
not had need of it, but some day I think I'll have to test
it.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old February 15th 04, 03:50 AM
diana

Oh, everyone. I just found milliner's wire - it is wrapped in rayon
and comes in white or black - maybe even other colors - and in several
gauges, so I'm going to give that a whirl. and the loop at the end or
filing any dings. Thanks very much.
Diana

Pogonip wrote in message ...
Charlotte wrote:
You've gotten a lot of good suggestions, and I've gotten an idea for how
to incorporate an antenna for my radio into my living room decor! It's
just a wire, meant to be splayed out over the greatest possible area, to
better pick up radio stations. I'll run it through the edge of the
curtains!

Thanks!
-Charlotte

My house, built in 1927, does not have very many
electrical outlets, but we do have an antenna connection
on the living room wall, with a matching one on the dining
room wall on the other side -- same wall. I don't know if
the antenna is still up in the attic or not, since we have
not had need of it, but some day I think I'll have to test
it.

AD: Wire Sculpture Jewelry videos on eBay & Accounting Magik Beads 2 June 21st 04 10:31 PM
Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 08:53 PM
I need beads! Rant and ? about wire mkahogan Beads 6 July 23rd 03 02:06 AM