Anyone have both the Rose and Platinum 770?

Old January 22nd 04, 11:17 PM
Joanne1

Marilyn,
How did it go??

Marilyn wrote in message ...
Joanne1 wrote:

Take a look on Ebay or at Allbrands, there prices are far below that
of the manufacturer,Vikant.
You can get one for around $170.00

Good Luck

Marilyn wrote in message ...

I'm still planning on getting the Ultimate Box. Haven't gotten there
yet. Christmas came and went without Santa dropping it off for me. My
husband did get me the Madeira Treasure Chest so I can't complain. I
have _lots_ of thread now. '
Marilyn

Thanks, Joanne. I did send for the Ulitmate Box from another vendor
that I have heard good things about. I happily copied some designs onto
my card. No go. My sewing machine isn't recognizing the card. It
still recognizes my other cards so it, presumably, isn't my machine. I
tested to be sure that the designs did transfer and the card was read by
the box. Vikant customer service is quite nice. They said to send the
box and card back in to them because there must be something wrong with
my box or my card. So I'm still waiting. I was so looking forward to
playing with my new toy.
Delayed gratification. I'm sure it will be fine in the end.

Marilyn

Old January 23rd 04, 12:50 AM
Marilyn

Joanne,
It is going very well now! I called Vikant after I tried the card
with my machine and it didn't work. I thought I tried it with more than
one cassette and I may have. I didn't try it with _all_ my cassettes.
I chatted with Vikant and they asked me to return it to them so they
could check the box and card. There's a long story to it but through a
mistake in shipping it was returned to me unopened. (Not Vikant's
fault, they didn't get it.) I decided to give the card one more shot
since it was back in my hands. I tried it with the cassette I had in
the machine at the time and lo and behold it worked.
I know the first cassette I tried the Ultimate Card with works with
the plus hoop as well as the regular hoop. I'm guessing that somehow
interfered with the card recognition. I haven't gone back and tried the
card with that cassette again. I was just so happy to have it working
that I immediately stitched out three designs that I had put on the card.
Everything is up and running and I couldn't be happier. The
Ultimate Box is great. Vikant is a very responsive and helpful company.

Marilyn (who is happy to be inside and sewing when it is freezing outside)

Joanne1 wrote:

Marilyn,
How did it go??

Old January 30th 04, 06:14 PM
Joanne1

Great,

See, I told you they're the best

Marilyn wrote in message ...
[...]

Joanne1 wrote:

Marilyn,
How did it go??

Old February 21st 04, 12:29 AM
Joanne1

Hey,
is it working with all of the cassettes?
I know that it works with some types of cards and not with others.

Marilyn wrote in message ...
[...]

Joanne1 wrote:

Marilyn,
How did it go??