ouch!

Old December 30th 05, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default ouch!

Well I did it! While easing a piece on my first ever curved quilt, I
managed to sew right through my finger - through the nail and out the
other side - and I didn't even break the needle. The machine made a
really funny noise though. I think it may have thrown the timing off.
DH wanted to take me to the hosptial - but I think it will be OK --
bleeding is slowing down - and we do pierce other body parts
deliberately.

Taking a break from sewing for a bit . . .

Linda
Patchogue, NY
Old December 30th 05, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Double Ouch!

joan

Old December 30th 05, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

umm how did you get your finger out?

oh eww and owies!!!!!!!!

~KK in BC~

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.

Old December 30th 05, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
WitchyStitcher wrote:

Well I did it! While easing a piece on my first ever curved quilt, I
managed to sew right through my finger - through the nail and out the
other side - and I didn't even break the needle. The machine made a
really funny noise though. I think it may have thrown the timing off.
DH wanted to take me to the hosptial - but I think it will be OK --
bleeding is slowing down - and we do pierce other body parts
deliberately.

Taking a break from sewing for a bit . . .

Linda
Patchogue, NY

Owwwwwwieeeee! Do take care of that, Linda -- I'm hurting for you.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old December 31st 05, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I think this may be a good time for a tetanus shot unless you've had one
very recently. If you've had one long ago and had a reaction to it, things
have improved. They can do one now for allergic or sensitive or delicate
folks that doesn't do the side-effects stuff.
And - if you're thinking the needle was clean - who knows where your
hands had been before you put the needle in the SM? Sterile? Methinks not.
Don't make me come down there. Out here in the Swamp, we would simply soak
your hand in a cup of kerosene. We lose a lot of folks that way but it's
cheap. Dr. Polly

Old December 31st 05, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm not really sure . . . I think it stopped in the up position
because it started making funny grinding noises.

We're having a debate here now - what is more careless, sewing
through your finger or slicing your finger with a hedge trimmer?

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:16:55 GMT, "lisa skeen"
wrote:

um...I am personally scrunched up in a ball from the very IDEA. My wife
wants to know if you had to sew in reverse to get it out?

.. .

Old December 31st 05, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I truly am sorry this has happened and I have shared your pain about 4
months ago...but...

Thank goodness I'm not the only one that this has happened too...I was
beginning to think I was a total clutz...LOL

Tomorrow might bring more a bit more pain (not much), but everyday after
that should be better.

Feel better soon tiny finger....you shall heal fast.

--
Christina Doucette
Petawawa, ON, Canada

Old December 31st 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:59:09 -0500, WitchyStitcher
wrote:

Well I did it! While easing a piece on my first ever curved quilt, I
managed to sew right through my finger - through the nail and out the
other side - and I didn't even break the needle. The machine made a
really funny noise though. I think it may have thrown the timing off.
DH wanted to take me to the hosptial - but I think it will be OK --
bleeding is slowing down - and we do pierce other body parts
deliberately.

Taking a break from sewing for a bit . . .

Linda
Patchogue, NY

Sorry to hear about your finger Linda! I looked down tonight, after
rummaging among my flannels for *my* quilt and my hand was bleeding
everywhere. Hmm. I don't remember hitting it on anything, but it is
a cold flat and my hands are usually cold. I went and rinsed it off -
a chunk is missing out of my longest right finger. I have a plaster
on it now.... but then I thought, "all that blood?" and I went back to
find the fabrics that were bloody. I remembered the trick, that your
own saliva takes out your own blood, and properly treated the flannels
and then the light blue cottons (I went there next for a squishie)
that were bloody.
I think it's time for bed.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old December 31st 05, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Absolutley!!!

I agree with you Polly (about the shot, not the kero! LOL). BTDT - and
the infection came a few days later from tiny fibres from the thread. I had
stopped the bleeding and taped it up and just went on sewing. But boy oh
boy - did I get a dressing down from the Doctor a few days later when I
turned up with an infection that was spreading up my finger and across my
hand.

GET IT CHECKED, AND GET A SHOT!
--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

ink.net...

OT - Ouch! says Diana frood Quilting 72 December 5th 05 07:52 PM
OT... monthly cramping. ouch! Marijke Quilting 36 June 29th 05 07:09 PM
Mom & Sis/colour - ouch norma woods Yarn 5 December 30th 03 01:56 PM