New Ebay rates!! Ouch!!

Old January 17th 05, 07:56 PM
E J Ralph

I think this thread is very positive actually - because we all want
Justbeads to do well and there have been some great ideas floated that
could really work beneficially for both sellers and Justbeads alike.

Feedback on what the consumer finds problematic with the place can
only help Justbeads and it isn't like anyone is being disparaging.
Everyone, even those not listing there, wants to see Justbeads do
well. The energy and will is there amoung the beaders to help but
Justbeads needs to come up with a plan and lead from the front I
think.

I agree with others that their adverts could look better. With so many
cool bead artists selling there, maybe they could feature different
artists' work - that could work well for both the artist and them. And
I agree that there are many ways to promote for free if they take some
time out each day and start to network with the beaders at the
different online communities.

But there has never been a better time to really give their promotion
a boost.

Emma
Old January 17th 05, 08:55 PM
Kandice Seeber

Yeah!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Lori Greenberg" wrote in message
ink.net...
That is awesome. I noticed that BluHeeler (I think) had JB info at her
booth last year in Tucson too.

I didn't even know that JB had cards. They should make that known and
advertise that they'd like them out there!

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

justbeads:
http://snipurl.com/axek

"Karen Kreider" wrote in message
1. Offer promotional materials to sellers that also do bead shows
advertising JustBeads. Just a little card holder or sign in their

booths. Tucson is coming up, you know.

I've been doing that for years. (It's Becki B's fault. G) In fact, I
just emailed Bob the other day for more cards to take to Tucson. I'd say
I've promoted Justbeads to at least 20 NEW people per show day at nearly
every show I've done. Anything to get the word out!!!

KarenK

Old January 17th 05, 09:03 PM
Kandice Seeber

We've been over this issue ad nauseum here on RCB, at WC, at ISGB and at
countless other places.

I do it, because I have an established customer base, and it encourages bids
and keeps the listing fees lower. It's a marketing tool.

I don't recommend it to anyone who does not have an established customer
base. I know for sure that my beads are not going to end up being 99 cents
or anywhere near it. If your beads sometimes do not sell, don't do it. If
you're not sure of your customer base, don't do it. If your in any way
unsure of anything, don't do it.

But I sure am getting tired of people questioning it. It works for the
people who do it on a regular basis. Please, leave those people alone.
I don't think anyone is encouraging others to list at 99 cents.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Where does the encouragement to start at $.99 come from. As a buyer, I've
always disliked seeing an unrealistic price stated. And hate it even
worse
when there's a Reserve; I feel lied to.

Tina

"Su/Cutworks" wrote...

That's the one thing that's always bothered me, the constant
encouragement
to put a .99 starting bid on things. If you KNOW your beads will sell
for

lot it's not as scary but for us we cannot afford to do that. It's
something that eBay constantly harps on, lower starting prices actually
encourage bids but I don't see that as a practical approach for the
middle-range of beads. It is honest to worry about how you are going to
sell your work, and reasonable.

Old January 17th 05, 09:04 PM
Kandice Seeber

Yeah, me too

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Kaytee" wrote in message
oups.com...
They have lampwork? Really? Oh, now I have to look......

The only lampwork I saw were some import "critter" pendants at
excessive prices.

Kaytee
http://www.eclecticbeadery.com/simplexities.html
http://www.mallofcrafters.com/Crafte...umidaCN011.htm
http://craftersbuzz.com/gallery.cgi?KAYTEE

Old January 17th 05, 09:25 PM
Su/Cutworks

Lori wrote:

That is awesome. I noticed that BluHeeler (I think) had JB info at her
booth last year in Tucson too.

I didn't even know that JB had cards. They should make that known and
advertise that they'd like them out there!

Absolutely! I'd be happy to use them with Mike's beads too, this is one of
the things I said, they really need to be more active in promoting the site.
It's their site and they should be working as hard as possible to use every
avenue.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthetillermanbeads
Tillerman on JustBeads:

Old January 17th 05, 09:52 PM

Hello all - for those of you who would like to try a couple of other
auction sites, the message boards at eBay are full of the suggestion to
try Bidville. Nice site, although sometimes a bit slow. eBay had the
same growing pains. Listings are free unless you sell something. Also
might take a look at CraigsList - another site thats been around for a
while with free listings.
Maryellen

Old January 17th 05, 10:03 PM
Su/Cutworks

Kandice wrote:

But I sure am getting tired of people questioning it. It works for the
people who do it on a regular basis. Please, leave those people alone.
I don't think anyone is encouraging others to list at 99 cents.

I brought it up, not questioning why people do it but why do the auction
sites encourage it? If it's not really good for people who aren't
established then the sites like eBay are being unhelpful by encouraging such
things.

Everything ends up being discussed to death, because there's very little new
under the sun, and not everyone has been on the merry-go-round or reads all
the other groups.

-Su

Old January 17th 05, 10:12 PM
JustBeads.com

Ahem.......

Bob

http://www.justbeads.com

"Kandice Seeber" wrote...
Ebay Cons:
3. At this time, they are the only game in town (really, there's no equal
competition, but that will change hopefully) so they can charge whatever
they want and get away with it. Monopoly. Almost as bad as Microsoft

Old January 17th 05, 10:26 PM
Kandice Seeber

Bob, please understand - I wasn't just talking about beads - I was talking
on the whole. Justbeads only sells beads. ebay is a multi-billion dollar
corporation that deals in everything under the sun. Justbeads *is* the
logical alternative to ebay for those of us in this small, niche market - I
know that. That wasn't what I mean when I said the below - I am sorry if
people took it that way.

To compete with the ebay bead market, your site needs to make a few major
improvements. I know you know this - but please do read the whole thread
and listen to the suggestions of your buyers and sellers. This is a perfect
time to improve your site, because a *lot* of people are seriously
considering moving there. Do it quickly, though, or the opportunity might
pass you by.

Please do yourself and your website a favor - read the thread and respond to
those who are talking about Justbeads.
Also, I am positive other bead forums and newsgroups are discussing this
very issue. You would be doing us all a great service by reading and
responding. Thanks!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 17th 05, 10:29 PM
Kandice Seeber

I didn't mean to sound snappish - I think I understand what you meant,
now. The auction sites do encourage lower starting prices by having a tier
of listing prices. Not sure I know why, either.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs