Machine embroidery thread for piecing?

Old June 7th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Machine embroidery thread for piecing?

Hi,
I am piecing the tops for quilts. I am running short of regular
thread, but have lots of polyester machine embroidery thread. Most of
it is 40. Can I use that for piecing the quilt tops?
Thanks for any advice.
Old June 7th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Finer thread is usually better for piecing. Can you use it up for
quilting, and get some 50 for piecing?
A thicker thread takes up more 'space' in the fold and can disrupt your
seam allowances.
..
In message
, B