You'all, ya'all are Invited

Old February 2nd 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default You'all, ya'all are Invited

to a German Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream shindig at my cyber home. Grab your
best bonnet and tucker and come-on
it's PARTY PARTY PARTY time
Who says you can only celebrate the Big Ones. I'm just happy to be able to
celebrate!

Butterfly ( 'TIS sooooooo good to have a bit of Ice Cream--plain vanilla,
please-- for starters)

Old February 2nd 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Butterflywings wrote:
to a German Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream shindig at my cyber home. Grab your
best bonnet and tucker and come-on
it's PARTY PARTY PARTY time
Who says you can only celebrate the Big Ones. I'm just happy to be able to
celebrate!

Butterfly ( 'TIS sooooooo good to have a bit of Ice Cream--plain vanilla,
please-- for starters)

I'll be there! It's great to have something to celebrate! :-)

Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter
Email me: michelle_of_the_desert AT yahoo dot com
Old February 2nd 09, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Feb 1, 8:34*pm, "Butterflywings"
wrote:
to a German Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream shindig at my cyber home. Grab your
best bonnet and tucker and come-on
it's PARTY PARTY PARTY time
Who says you can only celebrate the Big Ones. I'm just happy to be able to
celebrate!

Butterfly ( 'TIS sooooooo good to have a bit of Ice Cream--plain vanilla,
please-- for starters)

Happy to celebrate with you! Except I have no idea what a tucker
is. :-)

Sherry
Old February 2nd 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

Tucker means food.

Count me in - rich creamy chocolate ice-cream and I have my sunnies and hat
and chair.

Di,
In cooler Vic. Australia and loving it.

Old February 2nd 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

"Best bib and tucker"=Olde English term for Sunday best or formal
attire. Tucker became tuxedo or female clothing tailored enough to be
'tucked' in. Best bib referred to either a lace or other fancy
necktie for ladies or gentlemen - it wasn't originally an item to keep
clothing clean from food accidents although the shape could be
reminiscent of today's baby or adult bibs. The word 'tucker' reached
Australia and eventually came to be another word for food. Hope this
helps? jennellh

Old February 2nd 09, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver

Oh hot dog! Okay, let's see, we need Miss Piggy and her band.....We need
lots of liquorice and chocolate....(for when the cake and ice cream run
out!).....we need Miz Sairey to come tell us stories.....we need someone
good at sneaking in and making off with the stash whilst you are otherwise
engaged.....we could replay a little Madame Butterfly for entertainment as
well.....what have I forgotten?......

I do love a party!!
Dreamweaver

Old February 2nd 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

The old saying that you learn something new every day is true in this
instance.
I didn't know that and I am pleased you posted it.

Thanks,
Di

Old February 2nd 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

In message , Butterflywings
writes
to a German Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream shindig at my cyber home. Grab your
best bonnet and tucker and come-on
it's PARTY PARTY PARTY time
Who says you can only celebrate the Big Ones. I'm just happy to be able to
celebrate!

Butterfly ( 'TIS sooooooo good to have a bit of Ice Cream--plain vanilla,
please-- for starters)

I will just drive down to the airport and get on a jet plane.
It will take me a day to get there so save me some cake.
Oh how I wish!!!!!!!!.
Hugs and a Happy Birthday.
Shirley ( beaded butterfly maker)
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old February 2nd 09, 10:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Butterflywings wrote:
to a German Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream shindig at my cyber home. Grab your
best bonnet and tucker and come-on
it's PARTY PARTY PARTY time
Who says you can only celebrate the Big Ones. I'm just happy to be able to
celebrate!

Butterfly ( 'TIS sooooooo good to have a bit of Ice Cream--plain vanilla,
please-- for starters)

OK, cake it is.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 2nd 09, 10:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

jennellh wrote:
"Best bib and tucker"=Olde English term for Sunday best or formal
attire.

NOT Old English - a technical term meaning pre Chaucerian English.
This is an 19th C expression, so definitely Modern English - post
Shakespeare.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Got Invited? Get Smart! pretty cheap jewelry Beads 0 May 23rd 08 07:44 PM
INVITED! Dr. Sooz Beads 13 November 30th 06 09:28 PM
ALL LADIES !! YOU ARE INVITED beezeebee Yarn 0 May 26th 06 07:53 AM
ALL LADIES !! YOU ARE INVITED beezeebee Yarn 0 May 26th 06 07:51 AM
YOU ARE INVITED beezeebee General Crafting 0 March 5th 05 03:01 AM