Are introductions in order?

Old November 26th 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT Pets, was: Are introductions in order?

On 11/25/06 11:08 PM, in article , "Karen
C - California" wrote:

Olwyn Mary wrote:

Gill Murray wrote:
and also going through "stuff" of

the DDMILs for either trash or yard sale.

Gillian

Put it all in the yard sale! It is astonishing the trash and junk some
people will buy. The time to decide if stuff is trash or not is when
you have to box up the leftovers for the charity truck.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

I'll second that.

Every now and then, one of the craft shows will make something spiffy
from something broken ... so there's even a market for broken plates and
disassembled costume jewelry.

Make that a third.

Cheryl

Old November 26th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

lucretia borgia wrote:
"Lucille" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

Yah know Dora - I think we are the only people in this here box today
lol

Yoo-hoo, I'm here--see me waving. It's just that unlike the usual
chatterbox me, I have nothing to say.

Lucille

Lol I retired to bed just after saying that, sorry you were left
waving so long !

Same here. My lap was taken over by a large sleepy cat so I couldn't
reach the keyboard. After he got off I stitched a bit and by the time I
finished the leaf I was working on it was time for bed.
Got an e-mail that my new Beth Russell book is in the mail!
Dora

Old November 26th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"bungadora" wrote in message
ups.com...

lucretia borgia wrote:
"bungadora" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

lucretia borgia wrote:

Sympathies, I noticed this morning you were all down to -20.
Slight correction. -20 was the daytime high. I stayed inside and have
been quite productive. I worked on my Iris panel and sketched out a 10
year plan for puchasing the wool for BR's African Marigold.

Yah know Dora - I think we are the only people in this here box today
lol

I think so. We two and Karen. We'll have to wait for Pat to wake up I
guess.
Dora

I`m awake! Mind you it`s nearly 3 pm., but I`ve been up since about 8.
Been out with the dog - it`s a lovely, Spring-like day. We never seem to
get the nasty weather they keep sending us, fortunately. We were supposed
to get nearly hurricane force winds and pouring rain, but they didn`t
arrive.

The sun shines on the righteous! T.I.C.

Must say I`m on Sheena`s DD`s side about that pretty evil remark about the
baby born without a brain.

Pat

Old November 26th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"Gill Murray" wrote in message

Lucille wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

On 11/25/06 8:31 PM, in article
,

"bungadora" ,in

lucretia borgia wrote:

Sympathies, I noticed this morning you were all down to -20.

Slight correction. -20 was the daytime high. I stayed inside and have
been quite productive. I worked on my Iris panel and sketched out a 10
year plan for puchasing the wool for BR's African Marigold.

Yah know Dora - I think we are the only people in this here box today
lol

Nah, I'm here, just really, really tired. But, I had several good hours.
The first was listening to the spiel for the HS hockey team. The second,
watching DD's team kick butt against a team that is a tier up from them.

I'm happily watching March of the Penguins on TV and just really relaxing
for a change.

I just did some knitting while TV was on. Quite a while since I did some
Fairisle.

Gill

I do love penguins. I spotted some cute little "Happy Feet" penguin purses
in M & S yesterday - I wish I had a small grand daughter to give me an
excuse to buy one!!!

Pat

Old November 26th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

Must say I`m on Sheena`s DD`s side about that pretty evil remark about the
baby born without a brain.

Pat

Well, it's a bit rough on the baby. And unfortunately it's doubtful if
she made the connection to the evil of her ways. But I have no patience
for people who are not responsible with their pets. If you don't want
litters, get the cat fixed. And I do like cats. Even though, as my
doctor said "They'd eat you if they were bigger you know."
Dora

Old November 26th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

lucretia borgia wrote:

Same here. My lap was taken over by a large sleepy cat so I couldn't
reach the keyboard. After he got off I stitched a bit and by the time I
finished the leaf I was working on it was time for bed.
Got an e-mail that my new Beth Russell book is in the mail!
Dora

I watched the National and there were pictures of the freezeup and the
problems for the homeless, I hear this a.m. there were indeed a couple
of deaths.

Well, the temperature is supposed to be back up around 0 next weekend.
Go take a look at the 14 day forecast for Calgary on weathernetwork.com
if you want to see something bizarre. Guess I'll have a headache for
most of the week.

Which Beth Russell book is on it's way ?

She has a new one out, Arts & Crafts Needlepoint, which is supposed to
be a re-issue of her first one (which is the only one I don't have)
with some new charts added. I got a discount for pre-ordering.

Lucille and I have both commented on how stupid we are with the
animaux. I sit at this desk with my legs cramped because the old man
insists on sleeping under the desk, right where I need to put my feet.
I am almost certain it is deliberate on his part and I don't
understand why I don't kick him out of the way, I would if he were
human

My theory is that we like them because they are self-centred. It makes
them more human.
Dora

Old November 26th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"bungadora" wrote in message
oups.com...

lucretia borgia wrote:

[...]

I think that goes more for cats than dogs. Most spoiled rotten pet dogs,
like mine, would probably lay down their life for their owners and do nearly
anything possible to please them. It's a fact that even abused dogs will
be subservient to their owners.

Lucille

Old November 27th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

bungadora wrote:
lucretia borgia wrote:

Slight correction. -20 was the daytime high. I stayed inside and have
been quite productive. I worked on my Iris panel and sketched out a 10
year plan for puchasing the wool for BR's African Marigold.

Oh brrrrrhh ! To think I have been whining about winter coming in !

It's a dry cold out here, which makes a bit of a difference. There's a
lot of concern for the homeless. So many people have moved here the
last couple of years for the jobs etc., the housing market hasn't been
able to keep up. I've heard some people are afraid to go to their jobs
in the morning because they're afraid they'll lose their place in the
shelter. I've heard the City is opening up extra spaces as shelter on
an emergency basis.
Paterna 911, 263, 912,455,914,915,913 would any of those be any use to
you ? I have some hefty amounts of those and would be happy to send
to you, also have some others down in the bowels of the building I
would fetch up if you are interested and mail to you.

Even if you only think you would be interested or could get inspired,
I would be happy to send to you. I KNOW I am not ever going to use
them, it's a shame to waste them.

Thanks, but the colors are blues, greens and yellow-white in Appleton
yarn. Traditional stitches sells Appleton tapestry by special order
online (but it's here in Calgary so I can just call her). Incidently
the only other Canadian mail order I'm aware of that sells Appleton
tapestry is Pointers Tapestry in Toronto. However, it wasn't bouncing
up when I did a search for it today, so I am thinking she is out of
business. Which is too bad. It's always nice to have an alternative.

Dora

To my understanding, Pointers went out of business this summer, or at
least that is what I was told at the Toronto needlework show. I didn't
go there often, but used to drop in when it was upstairs from
Cruikshanks Bulbs (which Indigo books bought out and then closed less
than a year later - grrrr). Pointers was where I found my copy of Betty
Ring's Girlhood Embroidery!

MargW
Old November 27th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

lucretia borgia wrote:
MargW ,in rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
bungadora wrote:
lucretia borgia wrote:

[...]

Oh no! I recommended Cruikshanks just a week or so ago to a friend
with a garden to develop who wanted something more unusual. I didn't
know that having moved to this condo 2 1/2 years ago and not having
ordered from them for longer than that. That sucks big time. Did
anyone spring up in their place? I wanted to order some oxalys (sp).

Hi,

I am still ticked off at Indigo/Chapters for buying Cruikshanks out,
turning it into an 'on-line' only store, and then deciding that there
wasn't enough business. As an alternate, try Garden Imports, (hmmmmm -
I have had their catalog for a couple of years now let's see if I can
find their website)

http://www.gardenimport.com/

I love their catalogs which have lots of unusual and rare plants and
bulbs which are hardy in Canadian climates.

Hey, while trying to find Garden Imports, I also found this site - lots
of great links to Canadian gardening suppliers

http://www.mikesbackyardgarden.org/Links.htm

Hope this helps,

MargW
Old November 27th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

lucretia borgia wrote:
MargW ,in rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

Hey, while trying to find Garden Imports, I also found this site - lots
of great links to Canadian gardening suppliers

Thanks Marg, I will take a look. I am so sorry about Cruikshanks, I
found them superior in every way, never had a single failure with
their stuff. I hope the family made a good profit after all the years
they spent building up a great reputation.

Too bad about Pointers.
More gardening links http://www.canadiangardening.ca/catalogues/
At -24C spring seems a long long time away.
Dora