OT MAYBE: Advertising Rebekah

Old August 12th 04, 04:27 AM
BeckiBead

Default OT MAYBE: Advertising Rebekah

I listed a necklace auction on Ebay, in the featured section, to help draw
attention to the Rebekah auctions (started at 1 cent so that more people would
look at it). I have advertised these auctions in the places where I frequent.
Please advertise them in the places you frequent, and let's make this work.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old August 12th 04, 06:14 AM
Kandice Seeber

Thank you Becki!! The last round of auctions didn't go very well - probably
because I was gone for the week and didn't get in as much advertising as I
could have. Hopefully this week will be better. I still have tons of items
to list - I am kind of spreading it out a little to avoid being overwhelmed.
Plus, I think that having too many items up at once won't help things.
Please bid if you can - there are lots of cool items up. Thank you
all!!

Here's a link to Becki's necklace auction - this is a cool idea! The winner
gets to choose!

And a link to all 4Rebekah auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/4Rebekah_W0QQsosortpropertyZ1

Thanks again, Becki - you rock!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 12th 04, 02:30 PM
Margie

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:14:07 -0700, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

Here's a link to Becki's necklace auction - this is a cool idea! The winner
gets to choose!

And a link to all 4Rebekah auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/4Rebekah_W0QQsosortpropertyZ1

Yes! Come on people, Rebekah needs us.

--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

Old August 12th 04, 03:57 PM
Diana Curtis

Would it be appropriate to post a link to these auctions on the other
newsgroup I frequent?
Diana

Old August 12th 04, 09:47 PM
Kandice Seeber

Hmmm - depends on the newsgroup. Do they allow ads? Do they respond well
to that kind of thing by the regular posters? What kind of group is it?

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 12th 04, 11:47 PM
Diana Curtis

Its rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. They dont like ads, but I can ask if they
mind if I post links to these. If anyone objects I wont do it. Its self
promotion they get upset with.
Tell you what. I will figure a way to post about it without upsetting
anyone. Ok? :-)
Diana

Old August 13th 04, 02:03 AM
Kandice Seeber

Sounds fabulous! Thank you Diana.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 13th 04, 03:22 AM
Diana Curtis

Thanks :-) . I took the bull by the horns and posted it as an announcement
over on RCTQ. We may taunt advertisers and spammers there but no one will
object to a heads up to a worthy project. I mentioned the quilt which is in
progress and got an offer for more blocks. Even if I had time to wait for
more I think I would like to keep this part just for us in RCB. She's now
'our' Princess after all. :-)
Diana

"BeckiBead" wrote in message
Would it be appropriate to post a link to these auctions on the other
newsgroup I frequent?
Diana

YES. I tried to answer this from work through Google, Diana, and could

not.
Had to sign on when I got home just to say this!!!

Old August 13th 04, 04:52 AM
Kandice Seeber

Becki - Nope, I haven't received anything from you. When did you send it?
I post regular messages about it on Beadhive (an ebay group), but we can use
some messages over on some other groups. I agree about spreading the word -
it's very important.

Everyone - Right now we need more bids than donations. I have quite a few
donations stacked up and ready to list - so if you are so inclined, please
bid!
Thank you so much to all who are bidding and to all who have donated!!
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Kandice -- did you receive a big old box from me?

Advertising is KEY to making all sales work. People like you, who have a
following on Ebay, have no trouble selling their own work. But this is

one of
those things that requires support from those in the beading community who

like
to support such things, and they do exist. I posted it a) here, b) AOL,

c) on
Beadshop and d) sent it to my personal mailing list. Someone needs to

mention
it at About.com, and any yahoo groups that allow such advertising. And,

we
need to do it once a week. It is possible to raise money doing this, but

it is
an awareness raising process and it is cumulative. Put the word out and

let's
see what we can do.