TSWLTH coupn rant (Not OT)

Old June 30th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default TSWLTH coupn rant (Not OT)

In my E-mail, I receive Joann coupons. I get them from 4 different e-mail
addies. I also get them from generous friends who pass them on, and I do
the same. The other day I went to TSWLTH with 6 coupons and the gal at the
register told me I was not allowed to use "reproduced" coupons as they all
had the same number and that I would stop receiving them if I continued to
do it. I informed her that all the coupons are reproduced as I had to print
them off my computer. Duh!!!! I also told her that I can always shop at
other stores. That particular Joanns has always been a pleasure to shop at,
and I guess she was just trying to bully me. Now I have received a new
batch of e-mail coupons to all the addies and from 2 friends and they are
all the same number in the UPC. So much for her theory.

OK so here is what I bought, 2 new 8x8 photo albums to redo my childrens'
book as they are falling apart, additional pages for each, 2 spools of
cotton thread for piecing. All 40% off. :-)

Feeling better now, Thanks for listening. Linda

Old June 30th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"nana2b" wrote:

[...]

At my local Joanns you can only use one coupon per transaction. Used to
say so on the coupon, I haven't looked at one lately to see. At any
rate I have gotten in line a couple times in a row to buy things when
necessary.

marcella
Old June 30th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I send dh to one register while I use another and pretend not to know
him... )

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old June 30th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"DrQuilter" wrote in message
I send dh to one register while I use another and pretend not to know
him... )

There are days I do this and I don't have a coupon! LOL

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old June 30th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

nana2b wrote:
In my E-mail, I receive Joann coupons. I get them from 4 different
e-mail addies. I also get them from generous friends who pass them
on, and I do the same. The other day I went to TSWLTH with 6 coupons
and the gal at the register told me I was not allowed to use
"reproduced" coupons as they all had the same number and that I would
stop receiving them if I continued to do it. I informed her that all
the coupons are reproduced as I had to print them off my computer.
Duh!!!! I also told her that I can always shop at other stores.
That particular Joanns has always been a pleasure to shop at, and I
guess she was just trying to bully me. Now I have received a new
batch of e-mail coupons to all the addies and from 2 friends and they
are all the same number in the UPC. So much for her theory.

snip

As far as I know the JoAnn's near me has never allowed more than one email
coupon per visit at the register regardless of the UPC number. They allow
multiple coupons as long as they're from different sources.
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old June 30th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Never had a problem using more than one coupon. Some cashiers make me use
them on seperate transactions. That's fine, just more work for them when I
charge it. They have trained the customer to coupon shop so why pay fulll
price when you don't have to, and why alienate the customer when they want
to use them. They send em, I use them. Funny thing I don't use food
coupons, because I don't buy those kind of products.

Linda in Tx

Old June 30th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Pam in Spencerport" wrote in message
oups.com...
the coupon
that comes in the newspaper,

You get Joann's coupons in the newspaper? I've never, ever seen that in this
area. We get Hobby Lobby and Michaels coupons, but never a Joanns coupon- or
does your Joanns accept coupons from other stores?

Old June 30th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The Joann's that I occasionally visit will allow only 1 coupon per
tranaction. I have been known to take DH, and have him stand in line behind
me and use a coupon. I have also used one coupon, paid for that, then go to
the back of the line, and buy something else. The Joann's here use to give
a 10% guild discount if you showed your guild membership card. The one
closest to me said they have been told not to give a guild discount any
longer. You go to another Joann's, and they give the guild discount. I
have asked the manager of the Joann's closest to me about this discrepancy,
and she told me that she was in compliance and no one else was. I told her
that I had called Corporate, and they didn't know what I was talking about.
She just turned around and walked off from me. I only shop there when I
need rotary blades and have a coupon. Hancock's is much nicer, has started
carrying nice quilting fabric, and gives the 10% guild discount.

Sherry Starr

Old June 30th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

SUSAN STRINGFELLOW wrote:
"Pam in Spencerport" wrote in message
oups.com...
the coupon
that comes in the newspaper,

You get Joann's coupons in the newspaper? I've never, ever seen that in this
area. We get Hobby Lobby and Michaels coupons, but never a Joanns coupon- or
does your Joanns accept coupons from other stores?

Yes. I flyer comes with the Sunday paper every two weeks and it usually
has two coupons- a 40 % off for the store and one to use online only.
The newpaper flyer is basically the same as the mail flyer. And now
that you mention it, I do think our Joanns takes other stores coupons,
but I've never done it.

Official MQing Break & a RANT! Tia Mary Quilting 2 March 14th 06 02:22 PM
TSWLTH and Wonder Under Kathy Applebaum Quilting 14 March 3rd 06 06:23 PM
OT rant Kathy Applebaum Quilting 25 May 6th 05 02:52 PM
OT ~ question??? (rant enclosed) Mj Beads 11 August 26th 03 06:07 PM