Happy St. Patrick's Day

Old March 17th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Paddy's day!!

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

Toni, who is Scots-Irish aned wearing o' the green today proudly!! And
eating corned beef and cabbage in my mind, since DH doesn't like corned
beef.

Old March 17th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Toni Schneidt wrote:

Happy St. Paddy's day!!

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

Toni, who is Scots-Irish aned wearing o' the green today proudly!! And
eating corned beef and cabbage in my mind, since DH doesn't like corned
beef.

And a Top 'O the Morning to y'all -- that's the Southern version --
LOL! I'm Irish-Irish and even Himself (aka DH) who is 100% Bohunk (aka
Slovenian) had learned that he MUST war green today. Me -- I'm out to
do some gardening and plan my new floral pretties. AHHHHH, Granny'd be
proud o' me, that I'm getting my hands into the earth on St. Paddy's Day
:-). ERIN GO BRAGH & CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old March 17th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

St Pat's Day is over here - but I pass on my favourite Irish
blessing and curse.

Curse first - When you die may you come back as a chandelier
to hang by day and burn by night.

Now that doesn't sound very traditional Irish to me, but an
Irishman told it to me so I pass it on every St Pat's Day.

Now the Blessing - When you die may you be in Heaven 20
minutes before the Devil knows you're dead.

Now that sounds more Irish!

SLAINTE!!

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Toni Schneidt" wrote in
message news:4zxSf.867805$xm3.640655@attbi_s21...
: Happy St. Paddy's day!!
:

Old March 17th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Toni,

I'll think of you as we eat dinner. I asked DH if he wanted corned
beef and cabbage, and he was VERY enthusiastic about it.
SO.........guess what we're having for dinner? throw in a few
potatoes, and I am attempting to make soda bread for the first time,
and there you go!

I managed to freak out both children this morning...they had green milk
for breakfast grin. And I got DS to eat oatmeal by saying it is the
American version of Irish Parritch/Porridge...yes, I know, I'm so evil.

Ah well, he ate breakfast with little fuss..though he did ask what was
wrong with the milk before he tasted it...lol

Larisa

Old March 17th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LOL, well Larissa, oatmeal is Irish porridge. And one of the things I
don't eat, Irish though I am. G I eat oatmeal in other things, but
hate it cooked into a breakfast cereal, just don't like the texture.

Pulled a piece of corned beef out of the freezer, need to pickup some
vegetables to cook with it.

(Although according to DH, who lived in Ireland for 6 months with his
ex, corned beef is really not an "Irish" dish.... the method of
preparation sure is.... But I refuse to boil cabbage till it's grey.)

Pati, in Phx

Old March 17th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.
Here is a quote from The Irish Rovers;
' May you all be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're
dead'
LOL Dixie.

When I give to you something I made with my hands I share my heart.

Old March 17th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article . net,
Pati Cook wrote:

LOL, well Larissa, oatmeal is Irish porridge. And one of the things I
don't eat, Irish though I am. G I eat oatmeal in other things, but
hate it cooked into a breakfast cereal, just don't like the texture.

Pulled a piece of corned beef out of the freezer, need to pickup some
vegetables to cook with it.

(Although according to DH, who lived in Ireland for 6 months with his
ex, corned beef is really not an "Irish" dish.... the method of
preparation sure is.... But I refuse to boil cabbage till it's grey.)

Pati, in Phx

My husband has been quite looking forward to dinner tonight. While I do
make corned beef a couple of times a year I forget about soda bread as I
prefer other breads to it. He loves it though.

My mom does cabbage that way and it is VILE. We eat ours in a much more
rare state.

Rhubarb crumble for dessert - hey it's traditional and it's really good!

marcella
Old March 17th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Marcella Peek wrote:
..... Rhubarb crumble for dessert - hey it's traditional and it's really good!

marcella

NOOOO -- it should be bread pudding with IRISH Whiskey sauce!!! Use
old, stale bread o'course -- mustn't waste a thing :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old March 17th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sitting here in my bright green sleeveless
pullover vest, I too send Happy St. Pat's
greetings to all. My lovely mother knit this
vest ... the last sweater I have from her ...
the color is a bit much for regular use, but
is fantastic for Christmas and St. Pat's Day.
It makes me feel warm and cozy ... inside and
out!
PAT

Old March 17th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pati Cook wrote:
LOL, well Larissa, oatmeal is Irish porridge. And one of the things I
don't eat, Irish though I am. G I eat oatmeal in other things, but
hate it cooked into a breakfast cereal, just don't like the texture.

Pulled a piece of corned beef out of the freezer, need to pickup some
vegetables to cook with it.

(Although according to DH, who lived in Ireland for 6 months with his
ex, corned beef is really not an "Irish" dish.... the method of
preparation sure is.... But I refuse to boil cabbage till it's grey.)

Pati, in Phx

Well, DS only eats cinnamon and spice quaker oatmeal (don't ask...just
one of his quirks), but he doesn't eat it often, so I figured, since he
was goofing off and playing instead of getting ready for school, he
would eat what *I* made instead of choosing. Surprisingly, he ate 2
packets completely!!! and 2 glasses of milk (1 green, 1 white).

I have the corned beef/cabbage/potatoes in the crockpot....cabbage was
added only recently, so hopefully, it won't be mush when all is said and
done. Mother used to boil everything
together....cabbagepotatocornedbeefMUSH, anyone??

I have never tried soad bread before, so we will see how it turned
out...got recipe off family fun website. Of course, I forgot to print
it out from the main computer, so I had the laptop in the kitchen with
me...lol. Oh well, it got the job done, which is what matters the most.
Now here's a question, since it has sugar and raisins in it, would it
be more of a dessert bread thingy??

Larisa, totally whacked out today and bouncing off the walls for some reason