Whatever Happened To .......

Old March 15th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Whatever Happened To .......

No one has mentioned that Firehouse Angel project for a long long time
- is it a subject not to be discussed anymore? I wasn't a participant
and wasn't really in favour of the idea but I followed the progress
anyway - there was an awful lot of work put into that to just have it
disappear somewhere. Is this subject a no-no?

Sharon (N.B.)

Old March 15th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Just so you know, I do not have it. I have no idea who does. I do
think whoever has it, if they don't intend on finishing, framing and
sending to its destination, they should reimburse Felice for the
fabric, me for all the materials, and whatever other costs were
associated with it.

I didn't think anyone would finish it and I was right.

Old March 15th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

She is with Elizabeth (Dr. Brat) for the beading. I have an updated
picture of her, which Elizabeth supplied. However, I have been
designing a new website and haven't been able to get to it. It's been a
hectic two weeks. I'll try to get to it this week end.

This new website is a labor of love. Anyone interested can visit at:
http://www.russell-silversupport.com (Pardon the plug)

Rest assured, our angel is progressing nicely.

Dianne

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old March 15th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

I have been
designing a new website

Dianne, it's taking forever to load on my dial-up connection....

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: Getting all the UFOs done, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old March 15th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Karen C - California wrote:
Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

I have been designing a new website

Dianne, it's taking forever to load on my dial-up connection....

That's because our server was down for about a half hour. :-) It's
back up and running, now. Try it again and let me know if it's still a
slow load.
Dianne

Old March 15th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Karen C - California wrote:

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

I have been designing a new website

Dianne, it's taking forever to load on my dial-up connection....

That's because our server was down for about a half hour. :-) It's
back up and running, now. Try it again and let me know if it's still a
slow load.
Dianne

Much better now. I'd gotten a portion of the page (the background
picture and list on the left), so I didn't consider "server down" as a
possibility for the problem.

Old March 15th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jangchub wrote:

Just so you know, I do not have it. I have no idea who does. I do
think whoever has it, if they don't intend on finishing, framing and
sending to its destination, they should reimburse Felice for the
fabric, me for all the materials, and whatever other costs were
associated with it.

I have it. I don't see any reason to reimburse anyone for anything,
actually. I've had her three weeks, which is longer than I intended,
but she'll get beaded and then on to Tia Mary she goes. She'll have
just the hands and the wisper to do.

I didn't think anyone would finish it and I was right.

No, you aren't right, yet.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old March 15th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Well I'm glad to hear it is still in circulation - the people involved,
I believe, really consider it a labour of love. *Every* stitch was
done by someone who considered this a very important project. It'll be
nice to see the end of the story down the road.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old March 18th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:33:39 -0500, "Dr. Brat"
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:

Just so you know, I do not have it. I have no idea who does. I do
think whoever has it, if they don't intend on finishing, framing and
sending to its destination, they should reimburse Felice for the
fabric, me for all the materials, and whatever other costs were
associated with it.

I have it. I don't see any reason to reimburse anyone for anything,
actually. I've had her three weeks, which is longer than I intended,
but she'll get beaded and then on to Tia Mary she goes. She'll have
just the hands and the wisper to do.

I didn't think anyone would finish it and I was right.

No, you aren't right, yet.

Elizabeth

It's been almost three years. It kind of lost its charm.
Old March 19th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jangchub wrote:

It's been almost three years. It kind of lost its charm.

Maybe for you, and that's ok, but why sour it for those of us still
working on it?

What's your goal in posting these negative thoughts about it, Vic?

Elizabeth (who often takes more than three years to finish large projects)