HELP! Pattern suggestions

Old September 12th 04, 11:06 PM
Shirley Ellen

Default HELP! Pattern suggestions

Hi everyone

I know this is a great place to come to for suggestions. I got a bunch of
M&M fabrics from eBay. I want to make DH a lap size quilt for Christmas but
I have no idea at all on what to do with these fabrics. I've posted them all
he

http://inspiring-thoughts.tripod.com/christmas/help.htm

Any and all suggestions appreciated

Shirley (BC Canada)

Old September 12th 04, 11:36 PM
muse9

I love those fabrics! It looks like some kind of an all season holiday
quilt would be in order with all the different holiday fabrics. Or maybe
even a "four season according to chocolate" quilt? That would be really
neat - an M&M holiday quilt! Let us know what you do.

Bonnie

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

Old September 13th 04, 12:00 AM
Shirley Ellen

Thanks Bonnie

That's what I was thinking, but how to put it together? I saw a free pattern
for an Anvil block that doesn't look too difficult. My snowballs are
definately out, I can't get them straight.

Shirley

--
My Quilt Site
http://quilts.inspiring-thoughts.com

Inspiring Thoughts
http://members.tripod.com/inspiring-thoughts/index.html

Old September 13th 04, 12:05 AM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Shirley Ellen wrote:
Hi everyone

I know this is a great place to come to for suggestions. I got a bunch of
M&M fabrics from eBay. I want to make DH a lap size quilt for Christmas but
I have no idea at all on what to do with these fabrics. I've posted them all
he

http://inspiring-thoughts.tripod.com/christmas/help.htm

Any and all suggestions appreciated

Shirley (BC Canada)

I got a load of different M&M fabrics whilst we were in America back in
'99, some I found myself and some me Mam Donna in Bellevue found for me
- I had always intended to make a M&M of the Month wall-hanging, with
the feature fabric in its own attic window - made of M&M's fabric of course!

However, I've not gotten around to it yet - and I don't have either the
Irish one or that particular Easter one - if I find out which ones I
have, do you fancy trading squares?

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old September 13th 04, 12:12 AM
Shirley Ellen

I'll have to see what I'm doing with these first Suzie. Those 2 I only have
small amounts of. I have lots of the christmas one on black. Attic windows
sounds like a good plan though.

Shirley

--
My Quilt Site
http://quilts.inspiring-thoughts.com

Inspiring Thoughts
http://members.tripod.com/inspiring-thoughts/index.html
"Paul & Suzie Beckwith" wrote in message
k...

Old September 13th 04, 12:17 AM
-=- Jennie-=-

those are very cute love them!!, why not make a chocolate packet quilt
yeah I know all M&M's anyway but what I mean is instead of standard
squares make rectangular peices with small triangles stitched along
the end of each so each rectangle would look like a packet / sachet
of choco's ..
Jennie on an anti square kick since my last attempt ended up more
round than square

Old September 13th 04, 06:18 AM
maryd

I like pinwheels using the red, blue, green, yellow, etc with the M&M
prints. Or maybe friendship stars. Maybe alternate with blocks of the
prints. I almost said alternate with snowballs but guess that's out.

--
Mary

Old September 13th 04, 07:13 AM
Shirley Ellen

Hmmm... that sounds good too Mary. Maybe coloured pinwheels with blocks of
the prints.

Thanks.

Shirley