How do you store your charts and/or kits?

Old July 28th 03, 06:38 AM
Farleyaw

I have wayyyy too many charts, etc. Over 1200 if I've managed to keep my
database up to snuff. The best way I've found is to use apple boxes from the
grocery store. The charts fit neatly lenthwise in the box. You can make
dividers easily to keep everything organized. Invert the bottom cover of the
apple box and stuff it into the top cover so you have an extra strong chart
holding box. You'd be suprised at how heavy all your charts can get! I have 5
such boxes. They sit on top of 2 dressers that live in my craft closet.

Anne
Old July 28th 03, 03:33 PM
Mmeindia

This is not intentional, but it is unusual. I have a beautiful lacy bassinet
which I purchased for my elder daughter and used most recently for the baby.
The baby is now eight months and is huge, so she doesn't fit in it anymore. I
need to store it in the basement but I have to find a proper cover so it
doesn't get ruined. In the meantime, it is in the middle of my bedroom and
housing my needlework stash, as well as a pair of dumbbells.

India

WIPs: Hummingbird needlepoint canvas; Remember the Ladies Kreinik Milkpaint
Series "Enough Is As A Feast"; striped quilt needlepoint canvas.

Old July 29th 03, 09:33 PM
Joan Erickson

"aeromom" wrote in message

How do you store your charts and kits? Big box, file drawer, basket, what?

I'll tell how I'm *going* to store mine! I've designed a cabinet
4'wide, 6'high, 18" deep. It will have shelves for my mags and books,
another shelf to hold my floss/parts bins containers, a few extra
shelves for "whatever", some shallow drawers for fabric, 2 file-sized
drawers and 1 larger drawer for kits. My dad is going to build it for
me. ))))) The doors will have cutouts for 2 Silver Lining designs
that I'm going to stitch and insert. I can hardly wait to see it!

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.HeritageShoppe.com/heritage/temp/joan1.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old July 30th 03, 03:22 AM
JAKL

I'll tell how I'm *going* to store mine!

:::::::::::::::::drool:::::::::::::::::::

Jenn L.
View My Webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old July 30th 03, 12:47 PM
Teri George

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 14:50:04 GMT, "aeromom"
wrote:

How do you store your charts and kits? Big box, file drawer, basket, what?
I think my collection (Yes, I plan to stitch each and everyone of
them-someday...) is getting out of hand.

Well, there's the personal side and the business side.

On the personal side, my personal leaflets are stored in those
upright, cardboard magazine holders. All the kits are UFOs at various
stages and are actually kept in a little legged sewing bag that I have
that was my grandmother's.

On the business side, our company's leaflets are boxed in large
printer's boxes. Each box holds large numbers of charts of a single
name. The larger number of kits are stored in boxes of 6 at a time
within larger boxes, with a few more hanging on metal shop pegs for
easy access. (Our kits are packaged in clear, re-sealable bags with
hang tabs.)

Teri ~~ Secure online shopping now available
at CraftSoft Publications/Design Encounters Kits
http://www.craftsoft.com
Remove "knot" to email.
Old July 30th 03, 03:25 PM
Joan Erickson

JAKL wrote:

:::::::::::::::::drool:::::::::::::::::::

))) It will certainly be better than having my floss and a few
odds-n-ends in my closet, patterns in a file cabinet in DD's old room,
and magazines on a shelf and the rest in a box in the basement!!!

Old July 31st 03, 02:18 AM
puterjunkee

etent (JAKL) wrote in message ...
How do you store your charts and kits?

Currently have a file storage box (12x15 size) with hanging files inside. I
have them currently separated by an attempt at subject matter, but as my stash
grows, I'm discovering way too much overlap (is this a cat or is it Christmas,
for example) and I'm considering a change. I just don't know what to change to
yet.

Jenn L.
View My Webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)

Here's a thought, sort the patterns by title, one file for each letter
of the alphabet. Then also create a database for them so you can do a
quick refrence instead of thumbing through. The database can have
multiple columns for type of pattern, for instance one column could be
main category, then subcategory. In your example, Christmas would be
the main category because it's for a specific purpose like you
wouldn't give a Christmas theme for a birthday. Then cat would be the
subcategory. With Excel, you can tell it to sort the columns or do a
find for a particular word. This way you won't be constantly changing
your files.

Erica
Old July 31st 03, 02:23 AM
Wneedlej

I store my large patterns by designer like Marilyn Leavitt Imblum or Lavender &
Lace and keep them stored in a drawer with the fabric rolled, not folded, so it
doesn't get fold marks in it. Otherwise, I store by content, like Christmas,
Halloween, baby designs, etc.

Wanda N.
Old July 31st 03, 04:18 AM
JAKL

Here's a thought,

snip

Erica

Definitely a much less stressed, less sleep deprived sister =) Ya gonna help
me input?

Jenn L.
View My Webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)

AD: My new Online Store is up!! E J Ralph Beads 10 November 7th 04 05:03 PM
AD: eBay store is restocked! Mj Beads 11 February 16th 04 02:43 AM
AD ~ Grand eBay Store reopening!! Mj Beads 0 January 7th 04 09:34 PM
AD ~ New stuff in the store - including HILLTRIBE SILVER PENDANTS!! Mj Beads 4 August 18th 03 09:46 PM