cad/cam in jewellery (rhino, solidscape,roland)

Old April 12th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
De Sousa

Default cad/cam in jewellery (rhino, solidscape,roland)

I'm currently trying to complete a research
paper in which I discuss the difference, usage between the two methods-
subtractive (mdx-40) and the additive (T66) which are the ones most readily
available and the preferred here in South Africa jewellery market.I have
had the pleasure of working with both but for the purpose of research am
absolutely frustrated with what am finding info wise.Its mostly rather
overly marketed and factual with most unusable information.The little that
I have is the extreme basic (how big , how much, can ,cant) but I would like
to get the "real inside story" but always seem to land up on all the sort of
great industrial CAD/CAM sites.

Am basically discussing CAD/CAM usage in jewellery manufacture, the two
methods and the two specific machines- capabilities,benefits, dis/advantages
and how does one use it in ones workshop, and be aware of. Am not asking for
that particular information on a silver platter but can you at all assist my
in finding the right direction.I've cover their respective websites, the
international and local gold council, organisations and associations.I'm
feeling rather irritated with myself as I must be missing it all

Very few people are aware or accepting of the introduction of CAD/CAM with
the general feeling of ignorance or just refusal as they feel it devalue
their respective skills and knowledge.I'm happy to report that its improves
every day though slowly but feel that this is an issue to be address, as the
potential for growth is huge and benefits enormous.

can anyone assist
thanks in advance

Rhino costume romanyroamer Sewing 3 December 8th 05 02:05 AM
Jewelry Design Software, Gemvision Matrix 3D Version 4.0, Solidscape Jewelcad_v5.12, Delcam ArtCAM JewelSmith v7.1, new ! vvcd General Crafting 0 September 3rd 05 11:02 PM
Anyone ever used a Roland impact Printer/engraver? MEvans1653 Jewelry 2 January 27th 05 04:10 PM
[ADVERT] FS:Roland Pixca 30 Scanner/JewelCAD 5.0 Jim Jewelry 0 November 22nd 03 04:44 AM