OK - countdown to the holidays

Old December 13th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Default OK - countdown to the holidays

Smoochie-poo, babycakes!!!!!!!!!!

````````````````````````````````````
Kandice Seeber wrote:
(((((((Sooz))))))))

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
ps.com...
For us, "Christmas" is this Saturday, Dec. 16. You heard me right.

Kevin's family decided they'd do us a huge favor (TRULY!) and save us
from having to fly. You've never flown unless you've done it in a
wheelchair, with an FMS wife who needs a tank of oxygen (but can't get
it on the plane since 9/11). So it's great that they're all coming
here. REALLY great, especially since it's not easy for some of them,
either (his sister is pregnant and has a toddler!).

But........I would suggest to everyone here to NEVER move into a new
house and then have Christmas early. Honest to gawd. It isn't pretty.

`````````````````````````````````````````
Patti wrote:
It's crunch time - it's 8 days to Hannukah, 15 days to Solstice, and 17
days to Christmas!!
So...what is everyone working on??? Tell, tell, designs to sell,
special orders, gifts for yourselves, gifts for family?
I'm SUPPOSED to be working on the following special orders - a Zuni
bear necklace the office is giving my boss, a pearl and abalone
bracelet, a rhodonite and sodalite bracelet, a burgundy coin pearl
necklace, a peacock coin pearl necklace (both of those I have to buy
supplies for a the bead show I'm going to Saturday). So, what am I
doing instead??? I'm watching TV, hsn of all things, trying to wake up
enough to design.....procrastination, thy name is Patti this year. TG
only the pearl and abalone bracelet has to be done by this afternoon.
What's going on with everyone else?

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old December 13th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Lindsey -- Oh my GAWD!!!!! Are you running around in your underwear?
Wait -- don't answer that, you'll get weirdo emails from freaks who
lurk.

Heh. I'm drinking a lot of water, keeping the windows open, and
showering a lot to keep my hair wet (built-in air conditioning!).
Maintenance has promised to fix it by Thursday and I have the hardest
part to cool of the apartment down to 78F today. Having to run the
oven to bake my polymer beads is not helping, though.

--
Lindsey
http://artwork-by-lindsey.blogspot.com

Old December 14th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Here's my progress report. I've finished all the special orders except
for two - one bracelet and one pair of earrings. Whew! I plan on doing
those tomorrow.
I can sympathize, Jerri, and others because I haven't finished my
shopping, decorated at all, done any cards....I don't even have a
wreath up on the door. Oh, well, as Scarlett always said, "I'll think
about that tomorrow."

Patti

Old December 18th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Hey Patti,

Four more days and I'm on holidays for two weeks! I'm busy wrapping up
a project here at work before Friday. I plan to make a beaded passcard
holder for myself ;-) I lost the darn thing at the beginning of
December, had to buy a replacement, and then I lost the replacement!
But I found the old card just a couple of days after anyway.

I'm also awaiting some supplies so I can take a stab at the flower
pendants in Bead and Button :-)

Best,
Christine

Old December 19th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Susan in VA

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
oups.com

Just the TITLE of this thread totally freaked me out. Now filled with
cortisol and adrenaline. I gotta lie down.

I know the feeling. One year, during choir practice, when it was
nearly Christmas, the group was taking its break, and clearly we
were having a tad too much fun (i.e., dawdling!), so the choir
master said, "C'mon, people, let's get back to work. Christmas is
at out throats!!"

When he realized what he'd said, he cracked up, and we all nearly
died laughing. Now DH and I use that phrase all year long whenever
we're running late. :-)