Borax

Old August 2nd 03, 04:39 PM
Pierdas

Default Borax

Where can I find borax? I want to use it as flux.
Old August 2nd 03, 06:54 PM
Abrasha

Pierdas wrote:

Where can I find borax? I want to use it as flux.

Bryant Lab Inc.
1101 5th St.
Berkeley, CA
526-3141

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old September 3rd 03, 03:46 AM
Robert

How do you make flux out of it, Please if some one can tell me.
Thank Sincerely Robert.

Old September 11th 03, 03:21 AM
Marcie Latham

The box used to be green with a team of horses on the front.

And if the big box has too much in it for jewelery making you can always
sprinkle the left overs under the kitchen sink to keep out the bugs. It is
pretty non-toxic to humans, but works well.

"Dania Hann" wrote in message
I just recently found some at Walmart in the Laundry section.

Old September 13th 03, 06:52 AM
Kyla

Actually, borax is EXTREMELY poisonous to pets and small children. I
learned this from the exterminator that was next door spraying for ants.

--
Kyla @Hippobottomus.com
http://www.Hippobottomus.com

Old September 13th 03, 07:57 PM
Manmountain Dense

"swallowing 5 to 10 grams can cause shockand death"

http://infoventures.com/e-hlth/pestcide/borax.html

If that qualifies as extremely toxic ...

***************************************
Bruce D. Holmgrain
JA Certified Master Bench Jeweler
http://www.goldwerx.com

Old September 14th 03, 02:31 AM
Marcie Latham

Thanks for the correction, I used it a lot when my children were small
rather than spraying because it wasn't airborn and I could control and see
where the residue was. I did always make sure I had latches on my kitchen
cabinets or other places I used it, when my kids were in that eat everything
stage. I definately was not clear that I meant non-toxic in a not easy to
inhale or be absorbed through the skin toxic. And then it is only relative
to all the pesticides out there. Now I am wondering if I was mis-informed
on that topic also.

Sorry for getting the jewlery board off topic, I will behave myself better
in the future. I just started lurking and it seems like a very interesting,
informative group.