RCTQ BOM 2007-2008 January's Blocks

Old January 5th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

Default RCTQ BOM 2007-2008 January's Blocks

Hi folks these months fair fly by.
Here's a new pieced block to do. I'm waiting permission to use an
applique pattern. I'm going to go look for a paperpieced pattern
now... see you soon..

http://mccallsquilting.com/qb/pattern_1207/

Hugs Elly
Old January 5th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

And here is the paper pieced pattern.
since it's January I thought the Celtic theme would fit nicely in with
Burns night
http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CelticSunriseBlock.html

Have fun, will be back asap with the applique
Hugs Elly

Old January 5th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

oh my, what a beauty that block is.
a proper pressing plan, might be an idea, to ensure all those points come
together as they oughta.
gonna have to thunk on that one for a while.
Burns night? hmmmm, must be Robbie.
j.

"Elly" wrote...

Old January 5th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Default RCTQ BOM 2007-2008 January's Blocks - links on website

http://www.geocities.com/rctq_quilters/
Just click on the BOM link!

Thanks Elly!!

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old January 5th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Thanks, Elly. I think I'm getting behind because I haven't even
decided how I want to do the December appliqué block! I've got two or
three HUG blocks to make, and a center for a Round Robin to make, and
a BOM for another group! Yikes! If I could just shake the worst of
the cold I've come down with so that I don't need tissues in both of
my hands at the same time, maybe I could get started on some of this.
Right now I mostly just want to sleep!

Old January 5th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

I've actually made that Celtic block before. I used it for a HUG. It
went together quite nicely.

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 07:52:37 +1300, "nzlstar*"
wrote:

oh my, what a beauty that block is.
a proper pressing plan, might be an idea, to ensure all those points come
together as they oughta.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old January 5th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

oh come on now, Carole,
whos leg ya trying to pull.
you're the BOM maker a lot of us aspire to be one day.
a whole month behind, shame on you, roflmao. yea right.
a little cold and handsful of tissues is hardly gonna hold ya
back from finishing all the blocks you wanna make.
just delay things a wee bit is all.
geez, louise.
j.

"Carole-Retired and Loving It" wrote...

Old January 5th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

I don't remember doing anything special with the pressing. Of course
with paper piecing a lot of the pressing directions are predetermined.
When joining the separate sections together, I don't remember now what
I did!!!! I just know that I was surprised that it went together
pretty easily.

Old January 5th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Okay, then, a DELAY is what it will be. I don't want to mess up all
the pretty fabrics with all the disgusting stuff from my cold! My
eyes are so watery I think I'd have trouble with the cutting and the
piecing at this point. I'm hoping this is a "normal" cold and that it
will get better over the period of a week, but right now it is NOT
pleasant.

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:58:28 +1300, "nzlstar*"
wrote:

oh come on now, Carole,
whos leg ya trying to pull.
you're the BOM maker a lot of us aspire to be one day.
a whole month behind, shame on you, roflmao. yea right.
a little cold and handsful of tissues is hardly gonna hold ya
back from finishing all the blocks you wanna make.
just delay things a wee bit is all.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle

July block 2007/2008 RCTQ BOM Jessamy[_2_] Quilting 36 July 7th 07 02:45 AM
June blocks RCTQ 2007/2008 BOM Jessamy Quilting 4 June 1st 07 02:17 PM
2007-2008 RCTQ BOM Dannielle Quilting 7 June 1st 07 10:44 AM
RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM - January 2007 Dannielle Quilting 13 December 26th 06 05:23 PM
JANUARY'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 24 January 3rd 06 11:42 AM