RCTQ BOM 2007-2008 January's Blocks

Old January 6th 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanga6

Default RCTQ BOM 2007-2008 January's Blocks - links on website

Ok, someone help me out here, did this start June of 07? Is it a ever
running thing or a yearly thing, meaning if I start now, does it go on
indefinaly or does it stop in June 08?

Catching up on all of this stuff, busy newsgroup!

Jean in Metz

On Jan 5, 9:00*pm, "Kay Ahr" wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/rctq_quilters/
Just click on the BOM link!

Thanks Elly!!

Old January 6th 08, 10:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly D

Default RCTQ BOM 2007-2008 January's Blocks

Now Carole some of that is a wee bit TMI lol.
I think about everyone and his/her great grandma has a cold virus around the
world... it's awful. I've a something for near on 4 weeks now that hasn't
moved and is I think on the turn for the worse so I'm phoning up the docs
tomorrow. It's on my chest well and proper and I think I've got something
on top... another virus I think... give me a break please...

And here for the Appliqué pattern which I've been granted permission to use.
It's lovely and please if anyone makes it send both myself and Barbara
(designer) a picture. It's really good to see the fruits of our labour

It's by Barbara Dieges and is on her web page :-
http://www.bdieges.com/text/bdpw.html

A really pretty design and a bit more challenging though very do-able.
Have fun

--
Elly - the sun is shining a bit before it goes back down at 3 in Nrth
Scotland..

"Carole-Retired and Loving It" wrote in
message
Okay, then, a DELAY is what it will be. I don't want to mess up all
the pretty fabrics with all the disgusting stuff from my cold! Carole
D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle

Old January 6th 08, 10:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly D

Hi Jean,
Yes it started in June but it usually runs every year, I think, so I suppose
you could start now and overlap into next years which will run from June08
to May 09. OR just get really busy and catch up. VBG
All the blocks are at http://www.geocities.com/rctq_quilters/BOM.htm Do as
many or little as you like, please send me photos though of any finished
blocks.. thanks.
--
Elly

Old January 6th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

yes, this is a busy ng! the peiced block is so pretty!
i just have to pick a color theme!! i'll have to think about this one!
amy in CNY
Old January 6th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Sorry for "too much information." I'm not used to having a cold
and I guess I wanted everybody to know just how much I am suffering!
Mine is a lot in my chest, too, and is driving me crazy. Having had
pneumonia twice, this is worrisome, even though I've had two pneumonia
shots, five years apart, and the last one was just last year.

The appliqué pattern is beautiful and will be very, very challenging.
I think it will need to go to the bottom of my "to do" list because
I'll need a clear head to even think about tackling it.

Old January 6th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default Colds, etc. (Was RCTQ BOM 2007-2008 January's Blocks)

You can get pneumonia even if you've had the shots; there are lots of
varieties of pneumonia and the shots only protect against some of them.
Don't assume it can't be pneumonia just because you've had shots.

Julia in MN (been there, done that)
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old January 6th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Yeah, I know, which is why this chest congestion is worrisome! Right
now I'm still within my 7-days-of-a-cold time frame, but if the chest
congestion continues, I 'spect I'd better get myself to the doctor.
I've got no fever and don't really feel too bad at this point other
than the annoying cold symptoms. I think I might actually work on
some quilt blocks this afternoon.

Old January 8th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

Oh Carole I do sympathize with you, it's awful having a bad chest. I
can keep you company as I went to the doc today and she confirmed that
I too have a chest infection. I started about 4 weeks ago with an
awful cough and it just never got better. Things took a turn for the
worse just before the weekend when I was finding my chest tightening
up. (I'm asthmatic)
It's interesting to hear about the so called once only vaccine for
pneumonia, not being sufficient. I got that last year with my flu
jab and was told it would be just the one needed. Hmmm? That's
worrying. I'm not surprised you are worrying. Must take some getting
over.
I can appreciate you not feeling like too much concentration being
needed to do the appliqué, I'm feeling pretty much the same at the
moment. I've done a bit of this and then a bit of that and don't seem
able to stick at anything. I've also got a cut at the top of my right
thumb which is very sore. No idea what caused it.
I hope you're health improves soon Carole.
Bunny Hugs
Elly - off to bed now.. way too late again.

Carole-Retired and Loving It wrote:
Sorry for "too much information." I'm not used to having a cold
and I guess I wanted everybody to know just how much I am suffering!
Mine is a lot in my chest, too, and is driving me crazy. Having had
pneumonia twice, this is worrisome, even though I've had two pneumonia
shots, five years apart, and the last one was just last year.

The appliqué pattern is beautiful and will be very, very challenging.
I think it will need to go to the bottom of my "to do" list because
I'll need a clear head to even think about tackling it.

July block 2007/2008 RCTQ BOM Jessamy[_2_] Quilting 36 July 7th 07 02:45 AM
June blocks RCTQ 2007/2008 BOM Jessamy Quilting 4 June 1st 07 02:17 PM
2007-2008 RCTQ BOM Dannielle Quilting 7 June 1st 07 10:44 AM
RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM - January 2007 Dannielle Quilting 13 December 26th 06 05:23 PM
JANUARY'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 24 January 3rd 06 11:42 AM