Darlene

Old May 30th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Darlene

Hey, everyone! Darlene and I got together tonight, finally! As you
know, she comes to Montreal once in a while, and we finally connected.
I have to tell you - she is great! And she deserves the wonderful
hotel she is staying in. When I told a friend that I was visiting
someone at that hotel (Hotel W, it is called!), he was quite
impressed. Now that I have been there, I can understand why. g
We had a lovely evening, and I can't wait until she (and maybe Andy
next time!!!) can come back for another visit.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 30th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 30, 1:29 am, "YarnWright" wrote:
Katherine spun a FINE 'yarn':

Hey, everyone! Darlene and I got together tonight, finally! As you
know, she comes to Montreal once in a while, and we finally connected.
I have to tell you - she is great! And she deserves the wonderful
hotel she is staying in. When I told a friend that I was visiting
someone at that hotel (Hotel W, it is called!), he was quite
impressed. Now that I have been there, I can understand why. g
We had a lovely evening, and I can't wait until she (and maybe Andy
next time!!!) can come back for another visit.

Higs,
Katherine

---
avast! AV: Inbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000745-2, 05/29/2007
Tested: 5/30/2007 12:24:40 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

end quoted

Katherine. . .

And and and, I'm firing up my BROOM to go visit both of you tonight!
(I certainly wouldn't fly the airlines right now with the TB scare!!!!)
Grin

TB scare????

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 30th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Katherine wrote:
[...]

Katherine, this is the link you need.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2091151,00.html
Old May 30th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 30, 8:37 am, Bernadette wrote:
Katherine wrote:
[...]

Wow! Thanks, Bernadette. Scary stuff!

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 30th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"YarnWright" wrote in
:

And and and, I'm firing up my BROOM to go visit both of you
tonight! (I certainly wouldn't fly the airlines right now
with the TB scare!!!!) Grin

oh come on! one guy on two flights. it's NOT like there's an
epidemic.
i won't fly because i don't play by TRS rules, not because
i'm afraid of TB (which i test positive for, BTW)
lee

Old May 30th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 30, 2:21 pm, enigma wrote:
"YarnWright" wrote :

And and and, I'm firing up my BROOM to go visit both of you
tonight! (I certainly wouldn't fly the airlines right now
with the TB scare!!!!) Grin

oh come on! one guy on two flights. it's NOT like there's an
epidemic.
i won't fly because i don't play by TRS rules, not because
i'm afraid of TB (which i test positive for, BTW)
lee

Well, I fly. I figure that I am in more danger from the common cold
than TB. But still, he shouldn't have taken that kind of chance,
should he?

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 30th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Katherine" wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, I fly. I figure that I am in more danger from the common cold
than TB. But still, he shouldn't have taken that kind of chance,
should he?

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine, I read the article on Canada.com, and apparently this guy knew he
had TB and chose to fly anyway. Pretty arrogant and uncaring.

Shelagh

Old May 31st 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Or maybe just incredibly ignorant.

Old May 31st 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"Shillelagh" wrote in
news

"Katherine" wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, I fly. I figure that I am in more danger from the
common cold than TB. But still, he shouldn't have taken
that kind of chance, should he?

Katherine, I read the article on Canada.com, and apparently
this guy knew he had TB and chose to fly anyway. Pretty
arrogant and uncaring.

he had been told that flying was not a good idea. he was
*not* told not to fly. he was told he had a resistant form of
TB, but not *how* resistant, until he was already in Italy.
while i definately agree that his going to Prague & flying to
Canada was a bad thing, i can see why he wanted to get back to
the US for treatment too.
he wasn't/isn't terribly contagious either. only those
immediately surrounding him have any remote chance of picking
up the disease. none of the flight crews that were in direct
contact with him have tested positive, so it's really remote
that another passenger would.
lee
Old May 31st 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 30, 5:37 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

ups.com...

Well, I fly. I figure that I am in more danger from the common cold
than TB. But still, he shouldn't have taken that kind of chance,
should he?

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine, I read the article on Canada.com, and apparently this guy knew he
had TB and chose to fly anyway. Pretty arrogant and uncaring.

Especially when he was advised NOT to.

Katherine

Darlene (Craftkitten) Shillelagh Yarn 4 August 1st 06 03:26 AM
Att'n: Darlene! YarnWright Yarn 2 April 19th 06 10:14 PM
Attn: Darlene Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 2 December 1st 03 01:16 PM