Hi

Old May 30th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Hi

Bernadette , whenever i read your name i think of a Novel ,,, and
since you live in Scotland i see you walk on the shore with your white
mare ,,,,, with your Castle in the background ,,,, ::::
What kind of dress making do you do ?
mirjam

Hi Murielle and welcome back.

I joined this group last year after "lurking" and reading for a few
months. It is a lot of fun and there are some wonderful characters with
(to me) an amazing amount of talent and knowledge. I've always found it
both enlightening and fun.

I live on the east coast of Sotland and love knitting, crochet and cross
stitch. I also used to do loads of dressmaking and am hoping to start
that again.

Bernadette

Old May 30th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

TAMAR Hahahahhaha
i loved that realistic comment
mirjam
Eney) wrote:

In article D9J6i.61837$V75.1218@edtnps89, MSey wrote:
snip

I'm not a terribly good knitter. I'm more of a laborious knitter. Someone
once told me that watching me knit made her tired because I do the "hand
over" method rather than flicking the stitches from one needle to the other.
So not fancy, not fast, but somewhat productive. I like knitting baby
blankets best. I'm intimidated by anything shaped. ;-))

I'm a laborious knitter too. Shaping isn't so hard, people do it all
the time by accident. ;-)

=Tamar

Old May 30th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Katherine" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 28, 1:35 pm, "MSey" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 28, 1:05 am, "MSey" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 27, 7:44 pm, "MSey" wrote:
Hi,

I used to "hang out" here a lot many years ago. Life took over

for
while,
but here I am again.

From time to time I've lurked and left the odd post, but I

thought
I'd
better re-introduce myself as it's been soooo long.

My name is Murielle. I love knitting, though I've not done it

for
quite
some time, crocheting, cross-stitch, embroidery and recently did

my
first
"needlepoint" project from a Celtic book I picked up years ago.

also
enjoy beading, something I learned as a child.

I love this newsgroup and have always found people enthusiastic

about
hobbies I enjoy and gracious in their willingness to lend a

helping
hand
when needed.

(I'm not sure if anyone will remember me, probably the most

extroverted
thing I ever did while posting frequently was to share the

patterns
of
Princess Diana's sweaters that were published in a magazine

shortly
after
her marriage to Prince Charles. That was so much fun!)

Anyway, as life has slowed down some and will be slowing down

even
more,
hopefully, in the near future I have found my way back here more

and
more
often, and expect to spend more time here I thought it was time

just
say,
"Hi".

Welcome back, Muriel. Do you still have those patterns?

Higs,
Katherine

Hi Katherine,

I do! I might have to do some digging to find them but I'm a born

packrat.
I rarely get rid of anything. Oh, and I have a scanner now, which

makes
sharing easier. ;-)

Great! Then I'd love to see them sometime.

Higs,
Katherine

When I dig them out I could email them directly to you, or send them as

an
attachment, whichever suits the group best.

I see that Gemini has already suggested posting them on your blog.
That
would work, or you could also mail them to me at:
katherine dot burgess at mail dot mcgill dot ca

Thanks in advance.
Katherine

You're welcome ... in advance. ;-))

I'll post to my blog as I will never remember everyone who wants them. ;-)

Murielle

Old May 30th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Bernadette , whenever i read your name i think of a Novel ,,, and
since you live in Scotland i see you walk on the shore with your white
mare ,,,,, with your Castle in the background ,,,, ::::
What kind of dress making do you do ?
mirjam
Hi Murielle and welcome back.

I joined this group last year after "lurking" and reading for a few
months. It is a lot of fun and there are some wonderful characters with
(to me) an amazing amount of talent and knowledge. I've always found it
both enlightening and fun.

I live on the east coast of Sotland and love knitting, crochet and cross
stitch. I also used to do loads of dressmaking and am hoping to start
that again.

Bernadette

It's about five years since I last made a cowl neck top for me Mirjam
but I used to do all kinds, including tailoring. When my boys were young
I made their trousers, shirts, summer tops, winter coats (fully lined)
and ties. I made all my husband's shirts both work and leisure but not
his trousers. Curtains, loose covers for furniture, even fitted bed sheets.

It all started when I studied dress design at art school (aged 13 to 17)
and was able to design and make all my own clothes when in my late
teens. Back then we had a textile industry and obtaining various lovely
materials was easy.

When I went back to work full time after the family had grown I didn't
have the time - or energy. It is only since I retired that I have again
started making garments occasionally.

The most enjoyable garments to make were my evening dresses as it was
easy, having grafted my own patterns, to embroider them on the bodice or
skirt. It made them just that bit different.

Old May 30th 07, 11:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Bernadette wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

Sorry Mirjam, no castle or white horse but a few local views of where I
live
http://snipurl.com/1mokq
http://snipurl.com/1moks
http://snipurl.com/1moku
http://snipurl.com/1moky

and two of the finest companions I ever knew
http://snipurl.com/1mol3
http://snipurl.com/1mol5

Old May 30th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
Bernadette wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

Oh, Bernadette! I love the pictures, especially the critters. I turned
forty shades of green when I realized you live by the ocean. My aquarian
heart skipped a beat or two. ;-)

Murielle

Old May 30th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"MSey" wrote in message

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message

Me too! As soon as I saw that someone had patterns of the sweaters
Princess Diana used to wear, I perked up. Those were gorgeous sweaters!
)

Do be careful how you share them though, Murielle... attachments and
pictures are frowned upon on the newsgroup as they overload some people's
computers. If you could put them on a separate site... like a blog page
or
something... and then share the URL with us, that would be great. )

*hugs*
Gemini

Okay, that's great because I just responded to Katherine with that very
question. I do have a blog so I can figure that out and share them that
way.

I have: the sheep pattern, the red one with all the white sheep and one
black; the koala pattern; blue with a big koala bear on a tree trunk; and
one that is more traditional. I'll dig them out again and post them to my
blog ... probably sometime next week as this week is going to be busy.

Hugs,
Murielle

Wonderful, I look forward to seeing them... and your blog. Just include
your blog url after your signature then everyone can have a look. ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

Old May 31st 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Bernadette wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

Thanks Murielle, we love it here. Although neither of us has any
Scottish blood when Rob's work brought us here we fell in love with this
country and it's people, so decided to stay when it was time to retire.
Where in Scotland were you born?

The little cat's name is Pepsi. She came to us 7 years ago when she was
about 4 years old and a very battered little soul. Although she is
still timid she has built a lot of confidence in that time.

Our dog was called Lady. She died last year at the age of 15 and we had
"inherited" her from our youngest son. She had a lovely temperament and,
although I'm so glad we had all those years together, I still miss her
companionship.
Old May 31st 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

Bernadette wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

I was born in Glasgow. But my parents immagrated to Canada when I was a
toddler. After my dad died Mom and I went back for about three years. My
mother always felt she was meant to be in Canada so returned when I was
nine. Since then I've only been back once for a long summer holiday when I
was twelve. We saw a fair bit of Scotland when we were there as my mother
loved to take little day trips to this place and that. Most of my family
are over here now but I do have a cousin in Fife.

The little cat's name is Pepsi. She came to us 7 years ago when she was
about 4 years old and a very battered little soul. Although she is
still timid she has built a lot of confidence in that time.

She's lovely.

Our dog was called Lady. She died last year at the age of 15 and we had
"inherited" her from our youngest son. She had a lovely temperament and,
although I'm so glad we had all those years together, I still miss her
companionship.

Her picture was so striking, she looked every inch the lady. You were lucky
to have her so long.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Murielle