I want to ask something....please humbly help me.....

Old May 24th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default I want to ask something....please humbly help me.....

DAB wrote:

He is asking for us to send him the money is my guess.

Actually, it sounded more like he wanted us to send him the BOOK. BUt
if his dad won't let him buy things off of the internet, he's a kid.
The "88" in his ID might lead one to believe he is 17 or 18.

Still, I stand by my statement that it is a wise and prudent thing for
one's character and integrity to live within one's capabilities and not
go cyberbegging.
Old May 24th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
DAB wrote:

He is asking for us to send him the money is my guess.

Actually, it sounded more like he wanted us to send him the BOOK. BUt
if his dad won't let him buy things off of the internet, he's a kid.
The "88" in his ID might lead one to believe he is 17 or 18.

Still, I stand by my statement that it is a wise and prudent thing for
one's character and integrity to live within one's capabilities and
not go cyberbegging.

I agree with you....I used to search the local Library.....and the free site
with step by step instructions was a great find. Maybe a teacher in his art
classes could also help.

Old May 24th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

DAB wrote:

He is asking for us to send him the money is my guess.

Actually, it sounded more like he wanted us to send him the BOOK. BUt
if his dad won't let him buy things off of the internet, he's a kid. The
"88" in his ID might lead one to believe he is 17 or 18.

Still, I stand by my statement that it is a wise and prudent thing for
one's character and integrity to live within one's capabilities and not
go cyberbegging.

He states in the first sentence of his post that he is 19.
Old May 24th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

DAB wrote:

I agree with you....I used to search the local Library.....and the free site
with step by step instructions was a great find. Maybe a teacher in his art
classes could also help.

Uh, he claims to be in Indonesia. If this is true, then your
suggestions might not help.

Old May 24th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

DAB wrote:

I agree with you....I used to search the local Library.....and the
free site with step by step instructions was a great find. Maybe a
teacher in his art classes could also help.

Uh, he claims to be in Indonesia. If this is true, then your
suggestions might not help.

My apologies -- it's Malaysia, not Indonesia. At any rate, it's still
in the same part of the world as in not within the bounds of the United
States.
Old May 25th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On May 25, 10:12 am, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
I agree with you....I used to search the local Library.....and the
free site with step by step instructions was a great find. Maybe a
teacher in his art classes could also help.

Uh, he claims to be in Indonesia. If this is true, then your
suggestions might not help.

My apologies -- it's Malaysia, not Indonesia. At any rate, it's still
in the same part of the world as in not within the bounds of the United
States.

There are libraries and art teachers outside of the USA. It's a
perfectly valid suggestion that he search the local library, Malaysia
has plenty of them.

VP

Old May 25th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Vintage Purls wrote:

There are libraries and art teachers outside of the USA. It's a
perfectly valid suggestion that he search the local library, Malaysia
has plenty of them.

Well, given the area of the world that it is in and my lack of personal
knowledge about the country, I would not automatically assume it is an
affluent country.
Old May 25th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On May 25, 12:11 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
Vintage Purls wrote:

Well, given the area of the world that it is in and my lack of personal
knowledge about the country,

Then why comment on its resources at all?

I would not automatically assume it is an affluent country.

You seem to have automatically assumed that because Malaysia is
outside of the USA it is deficient some how. Libraries are pretty
basic resources, there would be few countries on this earth I would
assume did not have some sort of library resource. If a country has
Internet access, then I think it's reasonable to expect it has public
collections of books.

Old May 25th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Vintage Purls wrote:

I would not automatically assume it is an affluent country.

You seem to have automatically assumed that because Malaysia is
outside of the USA it is deficient some how.

I have friends who live in Singapore, which is practically right next
door to Malaysia, Indonesia, etc., and my impression from what they say
is that while Singapore is affluent, the surrounding countries are, for
the most part, very poor. So it's not an automatic assumption, it's
something based on some empiric data.