Lemonade, I hope

Old February 12th 04, 05:24 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

Default Lemonade, I hope

Well, I wanted to get back to my flat bed knitting machines, what with the
challenge and all, but couldn't decide what to do next. So I decided a
nice, quick hat project on my Bulky would brush up my rusty skills. I
hauled out my favorite beret pattern and 100 grams of red wool. At least I
thought it was a full skein. Now I'm not so sure. I ran out with 2 short
row wedges left to go out of a total 24. What to do?
I looked at the nearest already-wound balls of similar weight wool. One
was a bluish cochineal red that did not match the "holiday red" I was
using. The other happened to be a brassy-gold ball of hairy hand spun (dyed
with onion skins); a serious contrast in both color and texture. I decided
to get bold and went with that. I Kitchener-grafted it closed last night
and I must say that so far it looks pretty sharp. We shall see what it
looks like once I've fulled it. If it looks as nice as I hope it will, I
might make more "wedgie berets" and start a trend.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old February 15th 04, 10:27 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

Helen Halla Fleischer wrote:

I Kitchener-grafted it closed last night
and I must say that so far it looks pretty sharp. We shall see what it
looks like once I've fulled it. If it looks as nice as I hope it will, I
might make more "wedgie berets" and start a trend.

Do you have sort of a pattern or some guidelines for your beret?
I hand-knitted one last autumn, you can have a look at it at
http://www.maus-kreativ-handarbeiten...anleitung.html
It's in garter stitch made of Noro yarn. I could not think of a way to
make this pattern work on a knitting machine.

Those are beautiful, Kerstin. Makes me wish I could read German. I'm
definitely going to have a go at making a beret out of Kuryeon after seeing
that!

The machine pattern I use is one I adapted from a hand knitting pattern
that was in Vogue Knitting years ago. Not garter stitch, though. That would
have a different row gauge so the short row slope would be different.

OT Bottles of Hope Diana Curtis Beads 0 August 5th 04 06:09 PM
HOPE Bracelet project link Karen_AZ Beads 1 May 1st 04 06:56 PM
OT - There is hope! The days are getting longer! Harry Beads 28 February 14th 04 09:31 AM
This question is off the wall ,so I hope you can help nightstand Rubberstamps 4 August 3rd 03 06:08 AM