Help Needed

Old January 15th 04, 04:51 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

Default Help Needed

I have seen people leave the ribber on by using a tilt stand and ribber
covers. I've also seen people use the ribber covers and not bother to tilt
the stand to the level position. If you do experiment with that, remember
to go gently and check after each pass of the lace carriage to see if there
are any dropped stitches or incomplete transfers. I can't claim a lot of
experience on this as I'm definitely not a lace person. If your machine is
on a stand that came used you may already have a tilt stand. Worth a check!

| On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:45:22 GMT, wrote:

Hi Everyone....I need some help please..........
I have a Brother 830 + Ribber...what i need to know is this....Can I do Lace
on the main bed...with the ribber attached........1 of my friends ...has
said she read somewhere..that you can't do Lace knitting with the ribber
on....because of the angle its at..... I have checked the instruction
book..there's nothing in it about this.........Hope i have explained myself
OK.
I need to know before I start......I am disabled and I do have problems
sitting at the machine...But i love it..

Happydwarf................

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old January 15th 04, 07:01 PM
Sue

Hi,
I have a Brother 940 with ribber, and I've successfully done both fine and
holey lace with it with the ribber in place (but dropped down obviously). I
found that passing the lace carriage across steadily and not too fast gives
the most reliable result. Helen is right about checking for dropped
stitches etc.
HTH,
Sue

Ebay Goddesses Needed! Vedis Beads 8 December 4th 04 10:14 PM
Help! (Acute Bead Help Needed!) Beadbimbo Beads 10 November 11th 04 12:58 PM
Help needed finding beads! tatercat Beads 3 May 13th 04 02:33 PM
Help needed in Novi this weekend Stamp Francisco Rubberstamps 0 July 31st 03 10:52 PM
Bakelite pin INFO needed Please Fred Blome Jewelry 0 July 13th 03 03:14 AM