Newbie Question

Old January 12th 04, 09:52 PM
Allen Mealer

Default Newbie Question

I'm going to give polymer clay a try and bought a sample pack of Sculpy III
from my local Wal-Mart just to play with and try. Since there is a limited
amount of each color, how would the basic Sculpy white do as a base for
making beads, hearts and other solid-core jewelry?

Thanks,
Allen
Birmingham, AL

Old January 12th 04, 11:58 PM
Sjpolyclay

, how would the basic Sculpy white

the basic white stuff in the box is THE most brittle. SculpeyIII is next up. I
personally prefer Premo for its strength and color range.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old January 13th 04, 03:37 AM
dawn

Yes, pass up the white regular sculpy. Super sculpey can be used for your
cores if you need to do it that way and it's not really expensive. I do
however vote for the Premo also.
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
. ..

Old January 13th 04, 04:21 AM
Allen Mealer

OK...guess my next purchase will be some Premo! Thanks for your advice!
BTW, are there any "PolyClay folks" in this area?

Allen
Birmingham, AL

Old August 13th 04, 07:59 PM
DianeGlassAttic

. . .Never having worked with it, I'm wondering why the photo galleries I see
on the Net seem to always show smaller items. Why don't I see things such as,
for example, awards plaques, larger name tags, larger all-poly boxes, etc.? .
.. .

Hi morinal!

Check your e-mail InBox for an extensive answer from me g.

Diane B.
http://www.glassattic.com ...... polymer clay "encyclopedia"

..........(for sending e-mail, DO NOT USE this AOL address or I may never see
it! --use this address instead: )................

..

Newbie question - drilling stones Polly Stewart Jewelry 0 January 11th 05 07:21 AM
Newbie question - OMTP? FurPaw Beads 7 December 21st 04 03:30 AM
Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
Solder color - newbie question Robin Jewelry 2 July 15th 04 02:30 AM
Newbie with a question Colette Beads 8 August 5th 03 05:10 PM