WAKE UP!! It's past time to start your Christmas sewing!!

Old November 19th 12, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Default WAKE UP!! It's past time to start your Christmas sewing!!

Whatcha making? You sew folk have been sleeping all year. There have been no new posts in a long time.Where is everyone?
Cea
Old November 19th 12, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

wrote:
Whatcha making? You sew folk have been sleeping all
year. There have been no new posts in a long time.Where
is everyone? Cea

Everyone is over in alt.sewing. This group is mostly
silent.

Beverly

Old November 20th 12, 08:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
Claire Owen[_3_]

On 19/11/2012 20:13, BEI Design wrote:
Claire Owen wrote:
On 19/11/2012 02:59, wrote:

Whatcha making? You sew folk have been sleeping all
year. There have been no new posts in a long time.Where
is everyone? Cea

I'm sewing !!! So not posting Much, just lurking. Managed
2 dresses , 2 jckets(childrens) and have cut out 4 and a
half christmas
reversible aprons today. Need to have between 10 and a
dozen done
for this weekend.The 1st Christmas market for me is on sat
24th
Nov!!! Not ready yet Aghhh.
3 boys outfits still to cut out and make to compliment
the lovely pullovers that my friend Sheila has knitted.
Pics of the
1st Two outfits here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...36211&type =3
Off to cook the evening meal now.

As always, Claire, your work is fabulous. There must be a
whole bunch of charmingly dressed kids in your town.

Thank you Beverly,

Lets hope so when I get them to the Christmas markets!! It's a very
mixed clientelle here as I am based in the country so I have clients
who don't want well dressed just tough and cheap and then some that are
more chic and like something they can't find anywhere else.

What I do find here in France is that I am apreciated more as an
Artisan, customers like the fact that they have met the person that
designed and made the item ( It's the same with the statues) and that
most of what I make is a one off. In the Uk I found for me that it was
harder to get a good price for handmade items. It did seem to be an
attitude well if you made it I could to so why so expensive!

Fingers crossed with the boys outfits. My customers buy more easily for
girls than boys. Aprons are going very well at the moment, and they are
both girl and boy design. It's not a cliché that the French still love
cooking.

--
Claire in Montreal FRANCE
http://claireowenperso.free.fr