stinky yarn

Old August 14th 03, 01:39 AM
Claire

"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote in message
| On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:09:03 +0100, "Claire" wrote:

Thank Goodness for that! I'm doing so many daft things lately that I am
beginning to wonder if I should be allowed to drive a car or even be

caring
for an infant. Found my hair-brush in the fridge the other day... gawd

only
knows what I've done with the butter.

Find your self thinking about the hereafter, more and more?
As in walking round the room, looking, muttering, "What am I here after?"

Couldn't remember how old I was today! Had to work it out on my fingers.

Claire

Old August 14th 03, 01:48 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:39:00 +0100, "Claire" wrote:

Couldn't remember how old I was today! Had to work it out on my fingers.

Hmm. I definitely don't have that many fingers!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old August 14th 03, 06:42 PM
AGRES

Try:
Get a can of fancy sweet cherries.
Make a good chocolate devils food cake.
Drain the cherries, mix the cherry juice with equal parts of rum and
sprinkle lightly on the cake layers. (should not be soggy.)
Make a good chocolate butter cream frosting, then beat lots of rum into the
buttercream. Use extra chocolate, because the rum will soften the
buttercream.

Assemble the cake, using very thin layers of butter cream between the
layers.

Thicken the left over rum/cherry juice with rice flour (or corn starch) and
serve with thin slices of the cake.

I had that on the menu as a Demon Rum Cake. The rum cuts the sweetness of
the buttercream, and the buttercream hides the amount of the rum. Brides
would taste it, love it, and order it. But, their guests would end up
drunk.

Aaron

"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
Hmmm...who has a really good rum cake recipe? I'm planning on what I'll

be
eating after I'm done with delivery and nursing!

Allaya

"Claire" wrote in message

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"Elizabeth Bonello" wrote in message
. ..

Oh, that reminds me of a funny story! I was working as an ICU nurse

and
one
of my co-workers was making rum cakes for extra Christmas money.

She
brought in a sample cake one day and I ate a quarter-inch sliver of

it.
was completely upholstered! I couldn't feel my face! I still had

two
hours
of work left to do! My co-workers had a great time laughing at me

and
they
divvied my work up between them so I wouldn't be a menace to my

patients.
had *no* idea that she poured a whole FIFTH of rum over a 9-inch
cake!!!!!!!!!! No wonder I was loaded with such a little sliver!

LittleBit

I thought when any kind of liquor was cooked/baked - it lost its

alcoholic
properties. You had the flavour, but not the "punch".
???????

Shelagh

Depends on whether you add the alcohol to the mixture (I do) before

baking
or spoon the alcohol over the cooked cake (stabbing it first with a

skewer)
before storing and 'ageing' it. The first method is less hazardous to
sobriety! The second suitable only for adults!

Claire
who is now thinking ahead to Christmas, with all this talk of fruitcakes

and
alcohol.

Old August 15th 03, 04:12 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Claire" wrote
Thank Goodness for that! I'm doing so many daft things lately that I am
beginning to wonder if I should be allowed to drive a car or even be

caring
for an infant. Found my hair-brush in the fridge the other day... gawd

only
knows what I've done with the butter.

LOL Hormones! What they can do to us!!!!
Katherine