Back from quilt show

Old July 19th 03, 07:34 AM
shhdesigns

Default Back from quilt show

Hi All
Had a great day doing some looking at quilts and checking out the vendors
market at the Block Party Quilt Show in Issaquah Washington today. Managed
to get there just after 1100 this morning. Left home shortly after 0800
with two friends. Got to the border with only one car ahead of us, so very
brief stop there.
Next we stopped in at Mt. Vernon at 0930, only to find that the shop didn't
open till 1000. Back in the car and off to find the community centre.
Thanks Donna Dean for such great directions, in fact, shortly after arriving
I spotted Donna at the guild booth looking for some goodies. She was there
with our friend Adele. Brief introductions to my friends Ethel and Tricia
and we were off looking at the show.
There were about 200 quilts there, some very nice quilts, took a few
pictures. They had a great vendors market. They had 20 vendors including
their boutique. As I recall one of the vendors was from California, one
from Oregon and one from Idaho! Nice job, I enjoyed seeing BJ's Fabrics and
Quilts from Cloverdale Oregon. It's one of my favourite shops on the Oregon
coast. Located in the bottom of a private home down a country lane leading
into the forest. Unfortunately Barbara the owner wasn't there, she was busy
at home. Her booth was lovely and had a few Bali Batiks that had to come
home with me.
After the show we went to Pacific Fabrics to use the 20% coupon that they
were handing out. [Unfortunately I just read they had a 25% coupon in the
show brochure! At least it's good till July 31st, so I just might have to
try and get down before it expires...except I just checked and I won't be
able to get there :-{. ]
We grabbed a quick lunch at a Mexican restaurant and decided to head back
north to the Quilt Museum in La Connor.
Well, that was the idea, but the reality was Friday afternoon traffic on the
405 and I-5 that made it impossible. So we dropped in to Aunt Mary's quilt
shop in Smokey Point and then farther up we went to Cotton Pickin's in
Stanwood. By then it was 5 p.m. so we headed up to Joann Fabrics in
Bellingham. Found a few goodies there and off to the border we went. That
took about 1/2 hour to get through but fortunately the customs agent just
waved us through and wished us a good evening. No trips in this time
Hurrah!
We dropped into White Rock and had a quick dinner and hit the Save-On Foods
for a few groceries before heading back home.
By the time I dropped Ethel and Tricia off and got home it was 10 p.m.
We all had a great day despite not getting to the show at La Connor. We all
found a few special goodies and came home tired but happy.
If you're in the Seattle area over the weekend, try and check out the show.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Old July 19th 03, 08:45 AM
Pete 'n' Trish

Hello there. Sounds like you had a great day. Can you please post the
photos of the quilts on the net for all of us who cant get to the American
shows. I love seeing what is happening "up on top " as it were. Down under
our quilts are a little different. Tia . trish in Sydney

Old July 19th 03, 01:44 PM
Elena

YAY! Another travelogue by Sandi! I love curling up with a nice hot coffee
and reading your posts the first thing in the morning. Kind of sets my day.
You always share the neatest things and really make us feel like we went
right along with you. Thank you so much!

Elena in Tx, wondering about a lottery ticket again so I can go to all these
shows too! lol

Old July 19th 03, 02:52 PM
Shawn

"shhdesigns" wrote in message
. ca...
Hi All
Had a great day doing some looking at quilts and checking out the vendors
market at the Block Party Quilt Show in Issaquah Washington today.

Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
(snipped)

Hi Sandi,

Sounds like you had a great day :-) I'll be sure to check with you next
time I'm heading south as it seems you know all the best places to visit. I
wasn't a fortunate at the border on my last day excursion south :-(

Shawn in Langley, BC

--
mslibra
www.cutcakes.ca

Old July 19th 03, 05:24 PM
Neeej

Managed
to get there just after 1100 this morning.

We musta been there at the same time :-) I got there around 10:30, but took a
bit to find a parking place. A few fabrics (mainly cats 'n' bugs) crept into my
shopping bag---some batiks tried to, but I staunchly held them off (just
barely...for now...).
-- Jean S
Old July 19th 03, 08:15 PM
shhdesigns

I'd love to Trish, but right now I don't have a webpage. When I get them
developed I'll send a few your way privately if you like.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Old July 19th 03, 08:16 PM
shhdesigns

Thanks for the kind words Elena, maybe I should get myself a job doing this
for a magazine...anyone want to recommend me? LOL, no I love doing it and
sharing it with you all. But that could be a second dream job for me.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Old July 19th 03, 08:20 PM
shhdesigns

"Shawn" wrote in message
. ca...

"shhdesigns" wrote in message
. ca...
Hi All
Had a great day doing some looking at quilts and checking out the

vendors
market at the Block Party Quilt Show in Issaquah Washington today.

Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
(snipped)

Hi Sandi,

Sounds like you had a great day :-) I'll be sure to check with you next
time I'm heading south as it seems you know all the best places to visit.

wasn't a fortunate at the border on my last day excursion south :-(

Shawn in Langley, BC

--
mslibra
www.cutcakes.ca

Sorry to hear that, Shawn. I drive up thinking I have to pay the taxes and
sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. One the shop hop I had to majorly, but
that was the way it happened. Once travelling with my mom they actually
started to search our trunk and after not finding any contraband after about
30 minutes they let us go. We had been away for 3 1/2 weeks and had been
honest in our declaration, I don't know why they decided to pick on us. I'd
even left price tags on a deal of luggage I bought, cuz I didn't think
anyone would believe the price I got it at.
Better luck next time.
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Old July 19th 03, 08:22 PM
shhdesigns

"Neeej" wrote in message
Managed
to get there just after 1100 this morning.

We musta been there at the same time :-) I got there around 10:30, but

took a
bit to find a parking place. A few fabrics (mainly cats 'n' bugs) crept

into my
shopping bag---some batiks tried to, but I staunchly held them off (just
barely...for now...).
-- Jean S

Oh Jean, I didn't know you were going or we could have tried to recognize
each other. Donna and I know each other. We also know Marissa, Loren and a
few others from the Seattle area and I thought she was the only RTCQer
coming...sorry. :-{

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.