Skipped Stitches

Old July 14th 03, 07:13 PM
Tina

Nurse Ratched wrote:

The subject line says it all.

I have tried all of the fixes I can remember: cleaning the lint out of the
bobbin casing and surrounds, replacing the bobbin, re-threading the machine.
What am I missing?

have the timing checked..........
Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn

--
Tina
Brockport, NY
Old July 18th 03, 04:37 PM
clancy

Have you checked to see if your needle is in correctly? I know my needle
has a flat back and round front - the flat back must face the back of the
machine - or big messes happen - like skipped stitches. It's so easy to put
the needle in wrong.

Sharon (N.B.)

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Nurse Ratched wrote:

The subject line says it all.

I have tried all of the fixes I can remember: cleaning the lint out of

the
bobbin casing and surrounds, replacing the bobbin, re-threading the

machine.
What am I missing?

Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn

New needle suited to the fabric type?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 19th 03, 05:18 AM
Dr. Quilter

did you replace the needle? mine did that the other day, and I had put
it in backwards.. duh! DH came up with the suggestion and after that it
worked great! )

Nurse Ratched wrote:
The subject line says it all.

I have tried all of the fixes I can remember: cleaning the lint out of the
bobbin casing and surrounds, replacing the bobbin, re-threading the machine.
What am I missing?

Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old July 19th 03, 04:25 PM

Skipped Stitches

Nurse Ratched wrote:
The subject line says it all.
I have tried all of the fixes I can remember: cleaning the lint out of
the bobbin casing and surrounds, replacing the bobbin, re-threading the
machine. What am I missing?
---
Check thread for knots and burrs.
Look for lint under presser feet.
Check to see if thread is getting caught in notch at spool end, or
hung up elsewhere along thread path.
Be sure needle-thread tension isn't too tight.
Presser foot should be raised for bobbin winding.
Stitch pattern disc (if machine has one) is properly seated.
Try a needle specifically made for reducing skipped stitches-- Singer
yellow band are one such needle.
Cea