Question for those on the other side of the pond

Old December 14th 03, 02:09 PM
Jan Lennie

Default Question for those on the other side of the pond

I don't know if you got my first message but here's the link for the British
Store again http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/system/index.html

"Jan Lennie" wrote in message news:...
May be a bit late for Christmas delivery but here's a link for traditional
English biscuits http://www.farmhouse-biscuits.co.uk/main-index.html
or this site definitely delivers English biscuit selections world wide
http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/system/index.html
Jan
"CANDY CORRIGAN" wrote in message
Okay, as you know my brother gave me a BIG present for Christmas. I

can't
afford to reciprocate monetarilly, but I know something he would love to
have for Christmas.

When we were growing up, my father worked at a job were he received many
gifts each Christmas from his suppliers. Some gave the same gifts year
after year and we came to look forward to receiving some of this loot.

One
sent a six pack of what we considered rather exotic jams and jellies,
boysenberry and gooseberry as an example, which were my grandfathers
favorite. My mother got the Channel #5.
My brother and I always waited for the arrival of the very large tin of
Huntley and Palmer biscuits. When that tin appeared after dinner it was

as
sure a sign of the Chritmas season as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day

parade.
Long after my father left that job, my mother and I would make a special
trip to the basement of Macy 34th St store to purchase these as part of

the
Christmas ritual.

Every year when we sit aroung the Christmas table reminising of

Christmas
past, he comments on how the appearance of that tin was always the

start
of
Christmas for him.

The internet makes the world a much smaller place and I thought I would
search and see if I could locate the Huntley & Palmer offices and see in
anyone here in the states still sold them.
However, my search has only found locations for obtaining the antique

tins.
(And I remember them fondly as well, as the empty tins were used to hold

my
mother's button collection and our crayons and small toys.)

SO after a long explaination, my question is do they still make Huntley

and
Palmer. And if not is their an English biscuit firm that still makes

those
big fancy five pound tins that would be a reasonable substitute?

I know time is short, and don't know if I can get it here on time, but I
would sure like to try.

Candy
The Christmas Elf

Old December 14th 03, 04:02 PM
Gillian Murray

Jan,

Thanks for the website. What I love are the recipes!! I can make all the
things I have missed, like Toad in the Hole etc.

Gillian
FL (ex-Brit)

Old December 14th 03, 04:53 PM
Jan Lennie

Toad in the Hole and Heinz Beans are on the menu for us for tomorrow night's
tea Gillian , lol !
Jan
k.net...

Old December 15th 03, 09:35 AM
Jan Lennie

Just thought , you might want to try Harrods , here's the link
http://www.harrods.com/category.asp?...5FCakes&Page=1

Take care
Jan